Thread: My First Build - AD360

My First Build - AD360

This is my first build after a lot of questions and comments. Let me just say that I believe in Kit Cars. A well executed build should result in the beauty of the original with the reliability and low TCO of a Chevy. I bought a used kit from Josh Townsend. I saved a few bucks going that route and got most of the parts to complete the build. I have been planning this build for quite some time so I've been collecting parts on my own. I've been in touch with John from AD many, MANY, times. He's very committed to standing by his work. I decided against going with a fiero setup. I'm doing a tube chassis and I'm not quite sure what engine setup I'm going with. I've considered the SBC Audi / Porsche setup. I'm also considering an Accra TL remount with an engine cover. But I've got time for that. I'm leaning toward the acura TL setup as I like the idea of having a 6 cyl Honda engine in my toy, lol. I'm sure some may disagree, but it is mine after all. I am not a chassis fabricator, but more of a visionary. I leave the chassis stuff to the professionals. My projected budget is around 20k without paint and upholstery.

Here are some pics of the kit op on the jig getting measured out...

Re: My First Build - AD360

Looks good;

Looking forward to see what your chassis builder comes up with for you. What suspension are you going with?

Good luck and most of all, have fun with it.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

nice table , yours or the chassis fabricator, GOOD luck with the chassis an your build
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    nice table , yours or the chassis fabricator, GOOD luck with the chassis an your build
    Mine. That lovely creation was built by my chassis guy.

Here are some better pics...

Sweet! I can't wait to see the progress. Does that $20K include your original purchase? If not I'd say your budget is fair.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrslyrics
    Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    Mine. That lovely creation was built by my chassis guy.
    DO YOU HAVE A HAND DRAWING OF THE CHASSIS YOU PLAN TO MAKE
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

I can hear the woosh now. Not the car going by, but blowing though $20k. I am mostly joking. Good job on picking up this kit. Please keep us informed with progress and lots of pictures.

I was at the shop today dropping on a set of rocker panels and they had a chassis there that just came back from powder-coating for a 63 Corvette they're building. There's also a Lovely 3000hp grand national in the backround!