Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast Eddie's- Getting Closer..... ----- ***Dial-Up Beware***

Fast Eddie's- Getting Closer..... ----- ***Dial-Up Beware***

Hey Guys,
    So probably a lot of ya'll do not know me or the car but for those few old visitors I am happy to say the car has finally been rescued from the endless paint shops. For those who need a little catching up, this project has had a black cloud over it for a long while now. From the time we ordered the kit, stripped the old car took almost a year so John did a rough mounting of the body free of charge, but that was about a year to year and half I believe. Then got the kit home hit it hard during the nights and weekends and got crazy with trying to stiffen up the body and redid all the mounting brackets with custom aluminum ones. Once the body was stiff it was time to get things looked over mechanically, this is where the trouble began. After we got it back from the first shop for a simple tune up, it was not running right. So took it to a few more shops and still no luck. Finally took it to a Fiero junkie who just works on them in his spare time and he got it better while doing a few additional things like bigger sway bars, lower temp fan switch, urethane bushings, etc. Well just doing the mechanical took about another 8 plus months and still was not 100% right. We said oh well and took it back and started working on the body, about this time lil brother (Vendetta) started modifying his 88 GT and so attention was dropped from the kit for about a year and half, after doing custom panels, 3800 swap in his car we were ready to get started on the kit again. This time we decided to take it to this custom racing mechanic to do the big brake upgrade and see if we could not get it running as good as it when we first picked it up (donor car only had little over 40,000 miles on it). After 6 months there is came home, and YEY it was running like a champ again. So I am off at college and Pops works hard on getting the body ready for paint, lil touches here and there and after a lil over a half of a year it is ready for paint. Well long story short, it sat in 3 different paint shops for over a year and half and the 3rd one took over 6 months but the car finally got painted. I know you must be thinking that those panels must have been in terrible shape but to the contrary every shop we took it to commented about what how little this car needed for paint, just for some reason no one wanted to do it I guess. So about 6 years since we ordered the kit the car is home, wrapping up just little things and having fun. In the near future we will have Rob's interior in the car with Riceburners AC controls, a custom convertible top that will not sit on the deck lid, already fabricated just need to weld it up, and a few little surprises here and there. I hope to be better about posting updates, and if ya'll want it I have pictures throughout the stages just never really got around to posting, Damn MBA gets in the way.
    Hope You Enjoy.
    -E

Love to know what ya'll think! Have to scroll down the pics did not load the first time around.

Re: Fast Eddie's- Getting Closer..... ----- ***Dial-Up Beware***

pictures did not load ??? ??? ???

Let's See If This Works:

Driveway On The Fourth:

Very nice

Looks great!! Its came a long way since the last time I was over to your place. I am almost done with my AD355 as well.

Nice !

The car looks good ! I think i know your brother from Pennocks. If he is vendetta on there then i defiantly know him. His fiero is pretty sweet too !

You should get some pictures of his fiero and your car side by side !

BTW,..Do you plan to get wider wheels, or spacers, to bring the wheels out more, or were you going for that look with the wheels tucked in just a bit ?

Again, great job !

yeah that would be the same Vendetta. I must say i am proud to see this father and sons project finally painted and getting really close to completion.

Austin

great looking car! passenger side headlight seems to be sitting low. Ither than that its top notch. Father Son projects rock almost as much father daughter projects. I've been getting my 10 year old daughter into the kit cars.

The passenger side headlight cover is sagging because the last paint shop managed to break the frame that also served as a stop. We fixed it now and it is now level. That picture was taken right as we got into the driveway from the paint shop.

Austin

Nice looking spyder! That blue looks nice. Your in Atlanta right? I just realized that you, Jim Ashlock(Chattanooga), Neal Hargrove (Nashville) and me (clarksville, TN) all are within a half day's drive of each other. We should all meet up somewhere in the middle and do a photo shoot/BBQ.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.