Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NISSAN MURANO BUILD FOR SEMA"as requested"

NISSAN MURANO BUILD FOR SEMA"as requested"

well let me first say a little about me.im a personal trainer,nutritionist,nutrition store manager and night club manager.i also care for my grandmother(93).my job choices allow me to make my own schedule and earn a great hourly wage. i am able to work limited hours,watch my grandma and still stay afloat.it doesnt leave me much free time to do what i love which is create custom cars and bikes.i have always liked kit cars/replicas but started this car thing by building low riders.i then built an ifg diablo and a ferr@ri f50.i sold the latter before it was completed.got an offer i couldnt refuse.then came the now 350z.i was the first person in my area to have one.i actually got mine from orange county before the dealer here had them.after about 6 months another black Z turned up and tried to steal my fire haha.couldnt have that so i rounded up some sponsors and started building.every thing on my 350z was either the first in the USA,prototype for US manufacturers or 1 off custom.it took 1 year to complete.i will post a couple pics of it.now comes my yamaha r1 and nissan murano(Z50).got a deal i couldnt refuse on both so i bought them.suv's arent my thing and neither are stock rides but i thought i wouldnt mind.turns out i hated it(stock vehicles) and had to do something about it.the murano is great but needed some original flavor.i could have gone dropped with 22 - 24 inch wheels or air bags but it had all been done on murano's.great custom stuff but not original.i like to go against the grain so i thought "what hasnt been done?" then a light bulb went on.i scoured the net and couldnt find what i had in mind.i could find a reference to a 1 off done in japan but no pics were to be found.SO I BRING YOU THE FIRST NORTH AMERICAN "LIFTED NISSAN MURANO"!! wait...what...but it has struts...why??? CAUSE THATS HOW I ROLL HAHA!!! this is phase 1 and there is more lift to come.so for now,350z pics and murano with the phase 1 two and a half in lift.

Re: NISSAN MURANO BUILD FOR SEMA"as requested"

after the new wheels.

before

right after.still dirty from sitting.nice fender gap considering i added 20" wheels to replace the 18's.

full view.the ride is just like stock and you gain ground clearance.i will be offering this as a kit in the near future.

Thanks a ton Twilight. Both vehicles look great, but I still say the Murano needs a custom grill!

You said the Murano was great stock, so is there a list of positive and negative you can give? I would like any info you feel like sharing. My wife is battling cancer again, and has told me she would like an suv and we both like this one and the new Ford ?? I don't even know the name of it though.

How about fuel mileage......ride comfort....cockpit layout?

Mike