Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MURCIE MILITIA LP640 (1) BUILD

MURCIE MILITIA LP640 (1) BUILD

My build has finally started. This is the build diary for my LP640. Its using an AD-LP640 body. This car is unique to any LP640 build because the frame is a real Murci frame made by Lamborghini. I am using a BWM V12 for the power. First on the agenda is installing Suspension, airbags and brakes. Will post pictures as it progresses.
    (how do I post pictures to show up in the actual post and not a link to a hosting site?)

Re: MURCIE MILITIA LP640 (1) BUILD

HI all,

Awesome build plan, best of luck to ya! One question, what does Militia mean.... If you wish to post pix here, you need to donate x amount of monies to do so.... I believe the thread for that is a sticky in the Gen. section....

OK, what're the air bags for? Suspension?
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Airbags are for the front suspension to raise the front end when needed for going up my driveway. Its steep.
    Militia is to imply a "military" force of LP640 reps built a certain way. Nothing scandalous, just a fun club name we came up with.

HI all,

I forgot to mention, that the thread in the Gen. section, is the "How to become a patron, if ya didn't figure that out for your self.... BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAAA, I thought it was something in Italian, but when you posted it all makes sense now..... hahahahahha.....
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Wow... sounds pretty good.

Looking forward to following your progress.

Best of luck to you.

Vonjet... where are you located?

MURCenary

Thousand Oaks, CA

That's right... your right down the street from Murci-Me.

When do you expect you might be done with your build?

MURCenary

Von you dont have to become a patron to post pics! I'm a patron and I prefer to use my own pic hosting site because the pics come out better! Well Now that the cat is out of the bag there are 4 of us currently building exact Murcielago like this! These will be the first 4 cars with Exact Murcielago chassis! All others are with either Diablo chassis or just a chassis plan! The Diablo chassis is similar but the Murcielago is longer and it is stronger as well due to a different design!

There are a lot of exciting things coming to this forum! I will not give anything away but we are just a group of guys working together for a common goal! We are not profit oriented and I and others are tired of the scammers so we are going out and doing things on our own. I will give one little thing away, We are already working to get a professional LP640 guage cluster made!! Stay tuned!

Whats the best hosting site? I have shutterfly now but they just show up as link when I post them.

with all respect, why use an oem chassis? i really dont want to sound like im picking a fight but if you look it up, the reason the lp640 is carbon fiber is because the oem chassis is soo weak.It is built weak to reduce weight, they make up for it by using very high grade steel and honeycomb carbonfiber. if you are not using carbon fiber panels, you loose all rigity and would be sitting pretty bad. If you have a roadster then you are really in trouble, so i imho believe you should either sell it, or reinforce it to the point its no longer oem. If you reinforce it you need to use DOM steel. By the time you do all that you might as well of built a chassisworks chassis and use oem suspension. I know someone will try to argue this but its true. Im just trying to stop you from totaling your car. please dont think im hating but there are big problems with going that route.