Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mastermold Custom Diablo

Mastermold Custom Diablo

Hey guys, I have been meaning to post my build to you guys just have been busy on other things. I have a few days off with nothing to do. So here it is. I bought the car off of ebay last year from Atlanta. From my research its a B&B uni-body kit. Right away I made a list of everything I wanted done to it starting with the interior. It was tan and I wanted it to be black with suede. I went with a double din radio design but I am going to scrap that and go more with a single din design. I painted the rims gloss black, which gave the it more contrast.
    I am a big advocate on premium sound systems. I put in two alpine type-r components on the dash. The angle of the windshield forces the sound to resonate in multiple directions to give a surround sound effect. I put type-r's in the doors and padded the entire interior with dynamat. I cant bearly hear any outside noise when driving. In the center console I put a 8 inch sub with a space calculated speaker box. I had this in a dodge viper and it gave the audio a clear balanced dimension. In the rear I removed the trunk space and fiberglassed a box to house a amp and 2 10inch subs.
    When I bought it I was mildly satisfied with the paint. It was experiencing mild cracking and had a few chips. The mirrors were garbage. I was so embarrassed at the look at them that I drove to Oklahoma to pick up a pair, and other miscellaneous parts.
    I re-welded the stretch to give it extra stability. Whoever did it originally had done a mediocre job . While I was under there I reworked the transmission, clutch, and replaced some engine parts that looked like the might give me trouble in the near future. I took out the muffler and went to just pipes but will change it back because I think I am going to have a backflow compression problem.
    I meticulously sanded down the whole body and went threw 5 boxes of sandpaper and 3 cans of body filler. I was going to paint it but after do research on kits I found a better alternative. Painting it would eventually crack and chip. If you have ever sanded a fiberglass car you will know how exhausting it is. Especially when you set out to eliminate all pitting. Painting would run me about $5,000 for a show quality job. Get behind the wrong truck or hit a hidden pothole too hard and its money waisted.
    The alternative is car wrapping. I am going to have it wrapped flat black. Like this http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/f...lat-black.html . I found a company that will do it for $3,000 and give me a 8 year warranty on the wrap. If anything peels or gets damaged the will fix it for free. Being that one of the biggest problems I have see is stress cracks. A wrap will eliminate that issue. The vinyl will bond to the body and protect it from cracks and chips.
    One thing I didn't like about the car was its ride height. It was obviously too high and I will have to lower it a few inches. This will be a daily driver if I keep it so I wont be dropping it ridiculously low. Right now I dont have to slow for any normal dips or bumps.
    One of my friends convinced me to remove the quarter panel glass and put air ducts. At first I was not sure if it would look good but it grew on me. I got a engine cover and will now make a glass cover to showcase it (like the Ferrari's) since a gt hood would be overkill.
    I bought a gt-r wing and will make the driver and passenger windows gtr-r designs with air vents. That is due to the builder not making them power. I have been going back and forth with whether or not to make them power but I would rather have someone else build it for me. So plexi seems like a simple temp fix. [img]http://[/img]

Re: Mastermold Custom Diablo

Very nice!!! your lucky! Put some Bob Marley in your killer sound system.

Dan

nice i would recomend the gtr front bumper to tie the rest in, i like it

Then I started the exterior. :'(

More pics here. http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc109/dirtymanpro/ I also own a real 360,a batmobile , and zo6 replica

I removed some body lines and reflectors. I figured i can later find some custom ones and mold them in if I need to. The car has been sitting at this stage collecting dust. Just need to finish a few minor things and it would be ready for wrapping. I lost interest in it and would be open to trades plus cash. Or I might start back on it in a few months