Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenmeansgo LP640 Build-Diary

Greenmeansgo LP640 Build-Diary

Hmmmm. I dont know where to start. I guess at the bottom and work my way up
    Well i am building my Lp640 on a ChassisWorks chassis and i really want to show people how many real parts and dollar bills fall into this, Keep in mind this does not include paints, primers, tools, gas, paypal fees, ect..
    I use the knowledge from my experience add some of Murcie-mes ideas and others from this forum and belive that it will give me the best possible build. I had another build diary at one point but Murcie-me assured me i could do better than with what parts i had got, so with that in mind and needing to pay for my wifes $7000 surgery i sold my build and started over. This is what i have accomplished so far!

My front suspension utilizes Corvette arms and spindles. Instead of the stock arms i chose to use spc adjustable control arms to help with camber, plus they just look sick! Pics of those will come. I Bought my whole Corvette front and rear of craigslist for only $100. Keep in mind the parts are 20 years old so more time and money stripping it down, taking a wire wheel to it all. Then, to the advise from FerrariXXXman i used a degreaser and cleaned it up, after 4 coats primer and 4 coats industrial aluminum paint.

After that came the rear suspension which got the same treatment

Re: Greenmeansgo LP640 Build-Diary

Then came a long list of parts that cost more than i would have thought, and printing out my CD onto actual Blueprints, and printing another set to keep in a binder. After lots of talking to local shops i found one willing to give me jobber pricing which is basicly 15% off. And they beat ebays prices too, So I ordered away! Well since im broke i ordered my brake parts. 3 Master cylinders, 2 pedals i might not use the clutch parts, and 2 proportion Vales.

There were many questions asked to Mikeo at ChassisWorks and his customer service is 100% Top Notch!
    I have purchased his 3 Fuel Cell plates with nuts and washers, which are Very reasonably priced. And a audi 5000 strengthening plate.

Then All the Qa1 Shocks and springs, This is where i went thru Ebay instead of my usual guy to save $40. Well that $40 i saved cost me $60 since my shocks came missing there top hoops on 2. Im still trying to get those parts from Qa1. There are total 6 shocks and springs at this point im already in about $3500

I got my Corvette Tie rods from Rockauto.com who sells everything for ALOT cheaper than Ebay, Autozone, and the Dealerships. I even have a 5% off code for them if you need it. They were $40 as oppose to Orielys who wanted $140. I have really taken my time to find good deals as i have already saved $2000 off retail

I have these black NEW Hercules Wheels that i was going to use, but i am selling for cheap because I found a used set of Narkids for cheap im gonna use. Let me know if you are interested in these Cheap!

I definately thought this was the time to get my working replica A/C controller just incase i never had the chance again. This unit comes with full directions and wiring harness, and is fully functional, even has a sensor for outside temp. Can be ordered for the fiero or the Vintage air.

Building the chassis was very simple, just keeping organized was the only problem. Rear suspension is temporarily fabed up until my shocks problem is worked out.

Here is another view with a blown swap borrowed just to check firewall clearance, I do not recommend the craftsman jack. It is a 4 ton and i blew the seals on it the first time i used it stretching my old Fiero. Had Sears replace it after alot of hassle and now this one pops out of place some times in the gearing where it turns.

I wont give much more brake down on the chassis to secure the information ChassisWorks has made!
    But it is very nice. I have yet to place a body on this chassis but Gegam has the same one and says the G28 sits perfectly in place. I do still need some parts to finish my chassis like a Mpv 4wd steering rack which i cant find, and some small parts Summit Racing is putting on back order for a month! :-[
    If anyone can find me the rack and its brackets i would appreciate it! I also sell the brackets for the chassis, Rear suspension, or the whole chassis. Maybe selling fuelcells too, but i havent got mine finished yet!