Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lambo Miura Built by V8 Archie

Lambo Miura Built by V8 Archie

Not sure if this ahas been posted here before but I thought I would post again as it is an amazing journey that these guys have gone on.

The link below takes you to a Pennock's Fiero forum thread that has been 3 years in the making as V8 Archie of Fiero chop top fame has been building a customer a Miura from a Fiero and an old Prova kit.

I have been watching the build for 3 years now and I am still amazed at what Archie and his crew have done to a Fiero to turn it into a Miura replica. They just primed the body last week to get it to all one colour so if you go to the last page of the build thread, you can see the results of their work so far as well as the couple pics I posted below. More on the last page of the build tho.

Just amazing.

Then, it you have enough beer/scotch, or your beverage of choice, and time you can go back to the beginning and surf the 13 odd pages and must be 100's of pics of the thread to see how it got to the final result.

Again, simply amazing the work these guys have done to create this car.

Enjoy
    Don

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000003.html
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Re: Lambo Muira Built by V8 Archie

I have been following this since day one. Archie brought kit building to a whole new level with this build. Everything on that car was completely hand built, from scratch.

Just read the entire thread. the owner is a VERY lucky guy, the Muira is such a timeless design.

Do they have any plans to pull mold's?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper2Me
    Just read the entire thread. the owner is a VERY lucky guy, the Muira is such a timeless design.

Simple, depressing, answer, no.

Browsing before work, so I will go through the thread later, but the one pic posted here all I can say is....WOW. that is amazing, just beautiful.

Simply amazing craftsmanship....

Now, that's a fresh NEW replica design people will pay top $$$ for it even in this economy....

A+++
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisper2Me

Simple, depressing, answer, no.
    Yeah.. I have been watching the build for a long time and keep waiting for Archie to show molds, even though he avidly claims he has no plans to do so.. It is amazing how much work has been put into that car and not pulling molds from the finished product would be a shame..

Yes;

The owner has been kept secret the entire build I believe, or at least I have not seen reference to him/her. I think Archie said the owner asked to not be identified in the build thread but could post the thread on Pennock's.

Think it would be worthwhile to email or phone Archie to ask if he would talk to the owner and see if the owner would be willing to pull molds by someone else before it is off to paint?

I always see lots of expression of interst in cars and kits but when it comes right down to parting with your money, lots of folks end up pulling away and the builder of the kits ends up with thousands of dollars tied up in molds and parts he can't sell. We have seen it so many times just on this forum alone let alone all the other ones that are out there as well.

I do think this kit would be met with a lot of interest and would definitely sell at least a few, me as one of the buyers, but to put the money into make production molds is not cheap. The frame build would be an interesting challenge as well but it is at least pretty much all documented in that thread....

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Wow amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Yes;

The owner has been kept secret the entire build I believe, or at least I have not seen reference to him/her. I think Archie said the owner asked to not be identified in the build thread but could post the thread on Pennock's.

Think it would be worthwhile to email or phone Archie to ask if he would talk to the owner and see if the owner would be willing to pull molds by someone else before it is off to paint?

I always see lots of expression of interst in cars and kits but when it comes right down to parting with your money, lots of folks end up pulling away and the builder of the kits ends up with thousands of dollars tied up in molds and parts he can't sell. We have seen it so many times just on this forum alone let alone all the other ones that are out there as well.

I do think this kit would be met with a lot of interest and would definitely sell at least a few, me as one of the buyers, but to put the money into make production molds is not cheap. The frame build would be an interesting challenge as well but it is at least pretty much all documented in that thread....

Cheers
    Don
    He won't pull molds off of the car - I think he even stated that on one of the pages