Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: F40 Slow but worth it.....BUILD

Hi all,

Another small update on some of the jobs done over the last couple of weeks. Ive been working more pn the RH rear arch, i bought a part worn 345/35/19 to continue checking the arch shape, all seems good so far, i need to do a little more work on the arch curve before being able to put the radius' onto the lip.

Ive also started to finalise the front end location and fitment. Its now locked down square to the body and ive cut apart the LH front arch to finalise the shape, size and location i want. I havent completely decided on what wheel and tire size to use on the front yet, whether to balance out the wheel size and have matching 19 like the rear, but id have to run quite a low profile to keep the circumference down, something like a 225/30/19. Or to more match the tire profile with something like a 235/40/18. Im not a huge fan of super low profile and the 345/35/19 has quite a big sidewall so id like to balance that out on the front.

Ive also now buzzed most of the body down to 400 grit. i still have repairs to do, and parts need blocking down but im pushing towards getting the shell ready for primer. Im currently widening the flanges around the door openings to make laying up around the sharp corner easier later on.

Cheers

A few more

Looking really good so far. Keep the updates coming. The arch looks really good and the tire placement in the rear looks great. Well done all around.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

awesome work, every step is so tedious yet so worth it. this is gonna be amazing when its done.

Looking good!.......little by little, piece by piece.
    I especially like the pot of coffee in the left front light pocket

Awesome Workmanship!

Thanks for the comments guys

And yes there has been a fair bit of coffee involved in the plug making so far haha

Hi all,

A little more progress has been made. I have thickened up the return flange around the RH door, this was because in places it was a little too narrow and would be difficult to mold later and also i need a wide flange around the edge of the mold for the vacuum bag to stick too.

I have also done most of the work needed to catch the LH rear arch up to the same stage as the RH rear arch, only a little more todo now before i decide on rim width's and offsets, but the body needs to go onto the chassis before i can do that.

In an effort to do something other than sanding filler, today i have been mocking up ideas for how i plan to do the roll cage and the bulkhead areas behind the seats that enclose the fuel tanks. The tube in the pictures is a little thick at 55mm as i plan for the main hoop to be 50mm and the rest of the cage will be 40mm keeping it inline with the MSA designt regs.

Comments and criticisms appreciated

Cheers

More

This is looking impressive. glad to see the progress thanks for sharing.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr