Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: xqwzts's DJ 360 build photos

xqwzts's DJ 360 build photos

We are almost ready with a build from DJ, a GTA 360 build Sadly it took 9 months and more money than expected, but it's going to be ready soon...
    Here are the pictures:

After assembling the kit, taking to the painter:

At the painter:

After painting in the garage:

The car at the moment (it's a bit dusty, that's why the paint looks a bit bad):

Re: xqwzts's DJ 360 build photos

Beautiful!! I bet you are very happy to be at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00
    Beautiful!! I bet you are very happy to be at this point.
    i'll be more happy tomorrow this time, i'll be picking up the car at 17:00 gmt+1
    Decided to take it from the current mech's and get it completed by someone else, bcos current ppl are sitting on it, and not working

Looks great! Good to see another GTA build. I love the interior too. I will be collecting mine from Dave in two days time (wednesday) I'll be completing the rest of the build.
    Hope you get yours done soon.

The car looks really good. I like how the proportions look so good. Good choice on the color also.

car looks great ! with a good wheel choice too. bet you cant wait to start driving it.

Interior package a smart move too, the 1st thing people do when they see a nice car parked up - they look inside !

But it sounds like you had some troubles with the builders, whats the story ?

Quote Originally Posted by nick200
    car looks great ! with a good wheel choice too. bet you cant wait to start driving it.

Interior package a smart move too, the 1st thing people do when they see a nice car parked up - they look inside !

But it sounds like you had some troubles with the builders, whats the story ?
    It has already been taken home, and I'm doing the rest of the build with the help of some friends...
    Last year, in june I got the kit from DJ, and I talked with a lot of mech's, I wanted to have the kit completed in around september latest, and my primary preference was time instead of money. When we arranged with the mech's they told me they'll be able to complete the kit.

When they started they were very fast... assembled the car together in like 1 week. (took around 1200 gbp for assembling it) But the problems began after.
    They took it to their painter, which sat on the car doing nothing for like 2-3 months. I was at his house every week but he never did any work. But since they already paid some depo for the painter, which he was unwilling to give back, I was unable to take it to someone else.
    The paintjob costed like 1200gbp again. The car was not disassembled for paint.
    Then they began to do the interior in january, which was I think a max. 7 days work, but took like 2-3 months for them, and they asked for another 1000gbp for the interior.
    They wanted to get another 1000-1500gbp for some after-works, which I've decided to do myself (so that amount I didn't pay)
    So in total they've asked for 4900gbp, I've paid them 3400 and decided to continue myself. And let's count that in the 4900 there is no interior leathering done, and since DJ's kit is so complete, there were not any additional parts from their side, only work hours. They didn't even paint the interior, or the engine cover...

Prices aren't looking so high in the UK but in my country the average hourly prices are around 1.70gbp/hour... And the time it took them is ridiculous, since we arranged that they do it faster.

When I took them the kit, and when they've mounted the outer panels, they've told me oh, what a good kit... but as time passed and no work done, they started to berate the kit, and pointing at DJ's kit for the reason that build process took them so long. (Its a sh*tty morale that they can't admit it if they are wrong)

Next time, when I arrange something with builders I'll tell them if they are late more then a month I'll be paying less Or something like that.
    Anyways it's my fault because I never agreed a price with them for completing the build.

Anyways today I've painted the interior's panels to silver, and painted the engine cover. Bought the items needed to complete the AC panel and the cluster, going to take the other parts soon to the upholsterer, I hope tomorrow. Since he's a friend I'm going to take the parts when he has free time, so I take it in the morning and the leather is inside at the afternoon.
    Tomorrow at night I'm going to complete the cluster's dial if I'll be able to get the stuff for it. After that I'm going to wire it...

I've also ordered a new rear windshield poly bcos the builders successfully broke the old one. going to arrive next weekend

Hope to complete the car in like 1-2 weeks.

today almost finished painting the interior panels and the faux engine cover... the engine cover is only temporary, I'll buy a better one, which is for the GTF, until I have the money and have that I'm going to put in this one.

I've removed the glass from the cluster. Anyone has an idea how to remove the pointer so i can change the dial? Because it won't come out by trying to pull it, is it screwed into something?

forgot the pics:

wow.. where do you got the dash from?

why didn't you go with the 360 interior, or was it not available?