Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ** 89 Countach 25th anniversary project take-over **getting progress**

** 89 Countach 25th anniversary project take-over **getting progress**

Good day
    I just acquired a stretched 85 lambo countach 25Th anniversary edition kit car. It allready has a 4.9 caddy engine and painted and most of the hard build is done.
    I Need to get it running or look into why it isn't right now, i suspect it has been parked for years with out completion. I will be redoing the entire interior to a more modern approach.

A few concerns though, The head room is nonexistent? There are bars running down the center from windshield to back..are those meant to be there? I am 5'11 and no way
    i could drive confortable in this with that and it still needs a headliner, theres another 8th of inch lower.. ...i will get some close up pics of the "mess" under that roof...

I think i am missing the windshield surround trim, any place to get these?

Re: NEW Here ** My 85 Countach 25th anniversary project take-over**

First and formost welcome to the forums. Your a lucky guy. I've been watching that kit for sale for sometime.

Anytime you wanna trade for a Camaro with a one of a kind body kit you let me know and I will make it happen. ;D

welcome to the forums..I'm building an 89 Countach stretched replica too, check my build diary...lets see pics of everything you're talking about...

Cheers,
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Patanator
    Good day
    I just acquired a stretched 85 lambo countach 25Th anniversary edition kit car. It allready has a 4.9 caddy engine and painted and most of the hard build is done.
    I Need to get it running or look into why it isn't right now, i suspect it has been parked for years with out completion. I will be redoing the entire interior to a more modern approach.

A few concerns though, The head room is nonexistent? There are bars running down the center from windshield to back..are those meant to be there? I am 5'11 and no way
    i could drive confortable in this with that and it still needs a headliner, theres another 8th of inch lower.. ...i will get some close up pics of the "mess" under that roof...

I think i am missing the windshield surround trim, any place to get these?

welcome...
    is that the 25th from Medicine Hat?
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Re: NEW Here ** 85 Countach 25th anniversary project take-over **

where is it now? or are you the one selling it? i have always wanted to stop by and see that one.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new "toy"! I saw that one on Ebay a little while back. It looks like a nice car and not too far away from "finish". Is that an IFG body? Looks like it. Any pics of the rear end? The seller on Ebay put up a number of pics, but none of the rear. I'm curious on how it looks.

As far as the windshield trim........I don't think there's any specifically available. Most I've seen are fabricated black 1" molding strips that are mitre cut at the corners. That's how mine is done and it came out quite nicely I might add!

Please keep us updated on how it comes along. I'd love to see it when it gets completed!

Hello, thanks for the welcome. Here is the tail end.....I dint know much of anything about kit car companies or who is who in that world, but i looked up I.F.G and some of the cars looks the same, ( That a good thing?) but what are they selling golf carts now? lol
    Yea..i could make something work for the window trim....

you mean 1/2" for the trim there didn't ya BXtech? So that tubing goes right over your head? ouch, lets see some different angles there and maybe ?I'll be able to figure out with kit this is, lighten em up a tad too so I can see the nose and all.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by Patanator
    Quote Originally Posted by wbnemo1
    welcome to the forums..I'm building an 89 Countach stretched replica too, check my build diary...lets see pics of everything you're talking about...

Cheers,
    Will
    Here is the inside roof...iee!!!
    Welcome to the forum. And wow that roof interior does look scary. I have never own one of these but have sat in one and I had about an inch of head room and I am 6'3". After you sort out that mess on the roof you might need to lower the seats as well. I know someone here is about my size and also installed sub-floor buckets in his Lambo to get the needed head room, lowered the seat 2 inches if I remember right. I suspect the one I have sat in had the same type of work done.

Again welcome and keep posting the pics.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Sorry Will........yes, I meant 1/2" molding for the windshield trim.

Thanks for the pics of the rear end. Looks good! The rear panel looks different than one from IFG. I'm not sure exactly who the manufacturer of this kit is. I'm sure someone here will be able to positively identify it.........these are the true experts here on the forum! Will is one of them! The rear has a separate rear bumper which is definitely a plus!

You weren't kidding about the headliner area of your roof! Some pretty heavy steel stock used in there! Maybe the idea was to build an integrated roll cage??? ;D ........just kidding. I think you're right about it being an afterthought. Shouldn't be too bad to re-do and "clean" that up!

Overall, your car looks great! Are you going to change the headlights to the original style pop-up?