Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gagliardi Vendetta - Whitey078 - Build

Gagliardi Vendetta - Whitey078 - Build

So I decided to put together a collection of all of the build pictures to date from Franco and start adding our progress with the Vendetta home. Here are all the shots leading up to current:

Getting on the plane for a day trip to Franco's shop

After seeing the car in person, we were sold

So, after picking up a mint '88, onto the truck to Franco's it went!

Franco's team took over from there

Tom

Re: Gagliardi Vendetta - Tom Sawyer

Got the rear wheels in Thursday, fronts are coming next week. Did some test fitting and it appears that with the 2" 5x100 to 5x114.3 wheel adapters we'll need an additional 2.75" for flush fitment that will be achieved with Erik's rear suspension (HT Motorsports). They are 22x9" Boss Motorsports 335 wheels 5x114.3 bolt pattern in black with the polished lip. Will get tires ordered here soon once we decide on sizes, but it looks like 235/20 front and 285/22 rear. Front wheels are 20x8.5".

Tom

Wow Tom... this is an AWESOME time line and history... can't wait to see the rest of the progress. I LOVE IT!!!

MURCenary 8)

Now is your time !
    Congratulations.

ok this is real cool!

Will

HI all,

This car is gonna be a real beaut! Love the Orange Colour two tone yur thinkin of.... 3 quick questions, is the side glass DOT approved glass? An do u know how they get the seats to angle like that, do they jus raise the front of the actual seat? An is there a spot to store the top, while driving?
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Love it Tom! Love the vendetta. I had a guy get out of his car in a drive-thru to see it yesterday.
    I have been backwards engineering the car. Taking it apart to see how it is put together.

I noticed a couple of differences. Do you have rear mounted radiators? I saw one in the front. I dont have one in the front. I was going to add two mini condensors in the grilles for my non hooked up AC unit in the future. Looks like your radiator is in the front. I have 2 in the rear behind the scoops.

2nd, your door panels. He used fiero door handles on your car. On mine he left them out. No door handles. He use a solenoid that pulls
    the door wire. I recommend you go that way, or replace the door handles with some more modern ones. Hot rod shops have all sorts of them, and you can powdercoat them black.

Love your rims in black. I was going to paint mine satin black, but love the gloss black on yours. Gotta go gloss now!
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Quote Originally Posted by MURCenary
    Wow Tom... this is an AWESOME time line and history... can't wait to see the rest of the progress. I LOVE IT!!!

MURCenary 8)
    Thanks Dana! I figured the hour or so putting these pictures all in order would be worthwhile to have looking back when it's finished Will keep you guys updated.

Quote Originally Posted by xisco_mallorca
    Now is your time !
    Congratulations.
    We're going to make the most of it, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wbnemo1
    ok this is real cool!

Will
    Will,
    I've been keeping an eye on your build as well. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by pavo_rodddy
    HI all,

This car is gonna be a real beaut! Love the Orange Colour two tone yur thinkin of.... 3 quick questions, is the side glass DOT approved glass? An do u know how they get the seats to angle like that, do they jus raise the front of the actual seat? An is there a spot to store the top, while driving?
    The wife has me pretty well convinced to go with a nice white with blue pearl and I agree at this point. I spent a lot of time photoshopping and considering colors and as much as I love the orange on black theme on Murcielagos I think it's because they are a much rounder car. The relatively jagged lines as well as the sheer size and width of the car I'm not feeling lends itself as I would like to orange. We shall still see though, nothing is in stone. Probably to the paint shop here in six months time or so....once we finish paying off the wife's student loans that's going to be my present

Side glass is DOT approved from American Glass Products. As far as I know it's the same glass they have spec'd for Diablo builds.

I haven't looked at the rails under the seats but I believe they are OEM. The only change is chopping the headrest off and adding the fiberglass upper portion to fit the contours of the body behind the seats. Being in the rainy NW we have thought about what to do so that we can bring the top along in case we were to get caught out in rain. I think that will be a priority to sort out at the body shop. There is no provision as the car is currently built.

Quote Originally Posted by madmods
    Love it Tom! Love the vendetta. I had a guy get out of his car in a drive-thru to see it yesterday.
    I have been backwards engineering the car. Taking it apart to see how it is put together.

I noticed a couple of differences. Do you have rear mounted radiators? I saw one in the front. I dont have one in the front. I was going to add two mini condensors in the grilles for my non hooked up AC unit in the future. Looks like your radiator is in the front. I have 2 in the rear behind the scoops.

2nd, your door panels. He used fiero door handles on your car. On mine he left them out. No door handles. He use a solenoid that pulls
    the door wire. I recommend you go that way, or replace the door handles with some more modern ones. Hot rod shops have all sorts of them, and you can powdercoat them black.

Love your rims in black. I was going to paint mine satin black, but love the gloss black on yours. Gotta go gloss now!
    Good to be curious and to know how the car is assembled. Curious minds always come up with the best ideas and you don't seem short on them! We're not too excited about all of the attention the car will bring, but know that it comes with the territory with a car like this. I test drove a JVD Murcielago build (yes we survived, if only barely) and couldn't believe the attention. Felt like A-list celebrities everyone hanging out of their cars with video cameras and cell phones, screaming, etc. My favorite part will be entertaining as many kid questions and rides as possible. I remember a particular Viper douchebag who acted like I was going to vandalize his car when I was just in awe at about 12 years old. I promised myself that when I made my car dreams a reality later in life I wouldn't be "that guy."

I have the stock radiator temporarily mounted up front. Because we will have the engine swapped before the car ever sees the road we'll address the two smaller side radiators at that time for ease of assembly.

I honestly don't mind the factory Fiero handles and the location they are installed doesn't bother me either. Reminds me of the car's roots I prefer the feel of a mechanical connection to the latch even if it's not as modern or cool. We also have buttons on the underside exterior door lip to release the door. The alarm system will disable those to prevent the doors being opened when the car is parked unattended (which is going to be rarely or never anyhow).

I'm not certain that the rims will stay gloss black with the car being white pearl but we'll see. It might look pretty hot. Show us on yours so we can decide

Tom

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
    Got the rear wheels in Thursday, fronts are coming next week. Did some test fitting and it appears that with the 2" 5x100 to 5x114.3 wheel adapters we'll need an additional 2.75" for flush fitment that will be achieved with Erik's rear suspension (HT Motorsports). They are 22x9" Boss Motorsports 335 wheels 5x114.3 bolt pattern in black with the polished lip. Will get tires ordered here soon once we decide on sizes, but it looks like 235/20 front and 285/22 rear. Front wheels are 20x8.5".

Tom
    tom do the box or rims have a number listed for rim back spacing or how much Lip is on the front side
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

[quote=ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer

tom do the box or rims have a number listed for rim back spacing or how much Lip is on the front side
    I didn't measure, but it's about the width of my hand laid flat in the lip.

Tom