Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saw the new Hennessey Venom supercar

Saw the new Hennessey Venom supercar

Saw the new Hennessey Venom supercar Sat. at our local hangout. Looks like an Elise (wait a minute, it IS an Elise!) with the rear end finished the way Lotus should have in the first place. The front opening is slightly different with the secondary openings filled in and the fenders pulled out from the body where they meet the doors. The rear does look nice, but the scoopy thing on the roof looks gay IMHO. The machining and crafstmanship are superior.

I just don't know if $840,000.00 for a Lotus with a Chev LS9 transplant is worth it though.

Re: Saw the new Hennessey Venom supercar

I say its a crock of S**t.

Nothing more than a wannabe Lotus GT1 made on a stretched Lotus Elise with a Corvette LS9 engine. What a waste of money. Id rather spend my hard earned money on a Factory Five GTM and put in a built LSX motor or build an Ultima GTR and invest the rest of the money. At least I won't be mistaken for a modified lotus

Any pic of the car? I dont know which car your talking about? ???

I was impressed with the intercooled supercharged package on the LS9, but I guess that if you want 1200 hp you have to dump that part. I don't have a problem with the looks of it.

Skull,

My mistake.
    I remember now that the guy with the car did say that it was an LSX engine.

They had a FFR GTM build go up against a Gumpert Apollo on a supercar challenge tv show. I read on the FFR GTM forum that the car was set up poorly and would have done even better. A 60-100k GTM build held its own against a $500k Gumpert.

the 2nd gen GTM has some good improvements in aesthetics as well. I just wish the proportion would have it be a little more cab forward as that would look even more supercar IMHO.

Maybe FFR would be interested in building chassis/go cart builds for other kits. That would be sweet for tons of performance and leverage their GTM volume to make other custom chassis kits more affordable. Or maybe even RCR. Could those chassis work for murci/diablo/430/vendetta builds?

I am torn now about going for a Viper convertible or a replica/kit. Decent vipers with low miles and a few yrs old are in the 40's.

My 03 SL 500 is on the sale block.

White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

My friend got his low mileage viper for the mid 30's 3 or 4 years ago before the crash. You should be able to do better than the 40's. His car was reminiscent of an average kit car in fit and finish. A viper kitcar could easily go for more than that and not have the value of a real one. I would highly reccomend a real one over a kit.

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    My friend got his low mileage viper for the mid 30's 3 or 4 years ago before the crash. You should be able to do better than the 40's. His car was reminiscent of an average kit car in fit and finish. A viper kitcar could easily go for more than that and not have the value of a real one. I would highly reccomend a real one over a kit.
    Yep, I meant a real Viper. Wouldn't be feasible to go the replica route on that one.
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

Funexec,

I sat in a GTR at SEMA. It looked just like the one in your pic, and looked awsome at 20 feet. Close up, it looks a little cheesey and rattley. We were all taking turns trying to get into it. Anybody over six feet tall was hitting his head on the roof side panel while sitting in the car. It had good legroom, but no headroom . Pretty high fun per dollar ratio with a decent-horsepower engine though.