Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom car

Custom car

I got an idea of building a super light car from scratch with 400 hp... roadster with no doors. i got half of the parts for it and am still to get the rest. I decided to do a little research before i jump in.
    Suspension c6
    transaxle and shifter 6 speed boxster s
    body one off
    thats what i got and i am planing on using c5 zo6 engine with carburetor, wilwood pedal assembly, and the rest of the needed. I am planing it as simple as possible.
    I am trying to figure out if i can use the boxster axle in combination with the corvette axle...custom made part that connects them with the desired length. and who and where can do such a thing?
    Thank you for your help!

The utube link is my first car which is not street legal yet and the other link is some chassis plans that are 50% incomplete and i am still deciding on tubing and aluminum sheet sizes. Minimum weight is the goal without compromising safety as the car will be driven hard. Would the transaxle hold the torque considering a smooth start? no burnouts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzvOUy7gFhM

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l599/joromanolov/

Re: Custom car

great looking car!

Looks like we have the same taste in design
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Vigorous...25777906308642

I really like the front and how sunk in the roof top is, just the height of the rear looks high to me. Looking forward to your cars completion.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Yes, you can have a custom set made. raxles.com They will get you going

Adrian

this looks very similar to one of Bobi's older designs. the original Diabla design or the Fazer maybe. cant remember the name.

Its like an orgy of the LFA and the Wrath car, pretty sexy to me.

Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Thanks Adrian I will get in touch with them.

The car not only looks like "Bobi's design" we started it together. here is where he decided he don't want to continue... We are still good friends with him. he came a long way with the 3d work since we were talking about the design and actually spending days and nights trying to figure out what is the best thing to do. If i liked the design back then i can admit that i like it now..... But realistically speaking that is a retro design. it is outdated 15-20 years. Anyways a sketch or 3d model is nothing in comparison to the work it takes to create something out of nothing and the main thing is chassis suspension engine and transaxle and all of the other components to work flawlessly under hard racing conditions for a long period of time.

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=sss.jpg

Joro !

Man i have been following your project for years, based upon your u tube video, looking for an update and wondering what happened to you ! This is exciting !

Glad to see you are still around and the new project looks wicked as well, some very cool stuff !

Would love to see more pics and video of it and the new one as it comes along. Where are you located ?

I know someone who makes a stub axle for the Corvette hubs that will let you use Porsche CV joints on both ends of the halfshaft. PM me for details or email at eric@kitcarchassis.com. Do you have an adapter to fit your engine and transaxle together? I make them for the SBC and the LS engines to the Boxster transmission.

that's pretty cool about the boxster axles with corvette stub axles but how do i get them to be + - 7 inch longer each? and right now i got the vette axles and the boxster axles i was hoping that i can have the middle part custom made but again i am not familiar how that works? I do not have an adapter plate because i didn't get the zo6 engine yet.. will have to sell the boxster engine first. I will write down your email and when the time comes and i have a roller i will contact you. Kennedy told me that they got adapters only for lsx engine to the 6 speed manual. I did not even know i can hook up a sb. Thanks!