Thread: F40 kit 1st one

F40 kit 1st one

ok. new to this whole deal just want to share with some poeple my little kit car. i got it with what it has. ill be posting link to share what i have done. when i get close to the finsh project iam going to put up some pics. but for now ill just link it.

thanks to Fill- UP here is tinypic hope it works

http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd423/alfsf40/

i guess that dash was made custom form someone on here amdia i think not sure if i spelt it right
    sorry if iam insulting anyone but im not going the replica route i have a supercharged 3800 im putin in it and it has been bulit with 325 hp ill put some pic of the engine up and progess when i make some any info would be nice

Re: F40 kit 1st one

Try Tinypic.com to upload your photos. Yours do not show up

Very cool i just started my build..Its very good start..keep up the good work..later Luke

yes it is matthew c. f40. but we have trade cars, i had a high hp 1979 z28 ttop camaro for sale and i guess he was looking to sale his kit and we worked out a trade. im takeing a bit of a diferent route then he was. he was going to turbo charge it i have a 3800 supercharged gtp motor ill be dropping in.

also not sure if anyone has done the swap im doing from 2.8 to the 3.8 but i know the wiring has to be set up, i have found a guy in canada to do the harness. dose any one know of someone beside west coast fiero or fast fiero that know the harness and it conversion.
    just enteraining prices cuz it seem to be very costly and i know nothing about wiring thats my down fall.

Very sorry to hear that Matthew C had to sell his car. Hope to see the car finished and another F40 on the road. Good luck!

I hope to see the car finished..Im about to do the stretch on mine..Still looking for the right engine transmission combo. I have a 2.9 with a 4 speed..looking for a 5 speed..Anyone out there know of one let me know..Thanks Luke

Yeah I understand about not finishing but unfortunately sometimes life happens and people loose their jobs or family issues take over. So other people come in a get to finish their project. Sorry to hear about Mathew's car but looks and sounds like its in good hands..Later guys and good luck god bless..Lukester

yeah me and matt had work out a trade for my 79 camaro and he is ripping it down. and i have already obtain the gtp superchared 3800 engine. i have shipped out my wires to a guy named dan i had found on Pennock's Fiero Forum. and have the flywheel in hand . as most of you know matt had some interior work done. i was wondering about door panels ? and any other interior goodies. also i have most exterior decals but always open to suggestions. as soon as i get my clutch ill post some pics(any clutch ideas)?. if anyone has any input on my swap im open. thats if the 3800 with a 5sp swap, someone has done on here.

I talked to a guy at a car show who had nothing good to say about West Coast Fiero's wiring for his 3800. He wound up having it done by a guy on Pennock's, username PBJ or PB&J. Anyway, I have no experience with any of it, just passing along what I've heard...