Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BROGiiE - Koenigsegg Ager R Replica BUILD Diary

BROGiiE - Koenigsegg Ager R Replica BUILD Diary

Before You Start To Read Expecting To See A Koenigsegg Replica Being Built, I Must Point Out That This Project Will Be In The Planning Stages For A LONG LONG Time As I Want Everything To Be Perfect Before I Start.

So All That Said And Out Of The Way, I'm New To This Forum And The World Of Kit Cars, As I'm Only 17, 18 Next Month.

Its Going To Be A Space Frame Designed, Built And Welded By Myself. As For The Engine, I'm Still Divided On Wether I Should Go For A V8 or A Twin-Motorbike Engine Setup. Any Ideas/Recomendations Would Be Appreciated ;D.

The Body Work... NOW, I Have A Feeling That This Will Be Frowned Upon Or Not Liked By Many On Here, BUT, The Body Work Will Be Made Using Sheet Metal.. YES, I Said Sheet Metal. And For Any Of You That Are Wondering Why I'm Even Considering This, I Was Inspired By A TV Show That I Used To Watch On The Discovery Channel Called ''Chop Shop: London Garage'' AND I'm Pretty Handy With Sheet Metal. It Will Be A Case Of Shaping The Metal, Welding It Togeter, Sanding It Down, 'Filling It', Sanding It Down, And Painting.

The Interior Will Be The Same As The Bodywork In That It Will Be Made Using Sheet Metal and Then Upholstered Using Genuine Leather.

The Reason I Decided To Use Sheet Metal For Practically Everything Is That There Is No Koenigsegg Agera R Kits Available.

I'll Type Up Some More Specific Details Later, But I Expext That This Build Will Be In The Planning Stages For About A Year Yet, As I Need To Get Everything Perfect, And I Need To Pull Together Money..

I Have Everything Planned In My Head Roughly But Need To Get It Onto Paper, Apart From 2 Things Which Is, The Space Frame, And The Koenigsegg Doors. Help With These 2 Items Would Be Greatly Apreciated!

--BROGiiE--

Re: BROGiiE - Koenigsegg Ager R Replica Build Diary

Welcome to the forum, I can assure you of learning other building tips and tricks. This is a great forum to join. Where are you located, I would love to follow this build thread. Once again welcome on board

Thanks Ire, I've Been Watching Builds And Stuff On This Website For A Long Time, And Its Inspired Me To Build Something Unique, And After A Bit Of Research I Seen That There Is No Agera R Kits Of Any Type Available So...

Im Situated In The Republic Of Ireland.

I Think I Will Do Out Some Sketches/Ideas And Upload Them Soon, Maybee A Few Days. Hope Ya'll Like Them.

What Do You All Think Of The Sheet Metal Idea?

All im going to say is beerrrnie... berrrniee your not listening to me berrnie... I need to find some inspiration berrnnniie
    I used to love chop shop but I hope yours turns out a lot less ugly than most of leepu's creations... I could not knock the talent in fabrication but his ideas were on the most part foul lol.
    What is your sheet metal experience? any pics of your previous metal shaping exploits to share.
    May the luck of the Irish be with you on this endeavour

Kindest regards

Pinin

What Do You All Think Of The Sheet Metal Idea?
    This will be difficult.
    Fiberglass is much easier to handle and fix. And generally easier to work with him

Is Fiberglass Not Really Expensive Compared To Sheet Metal?

Expense Aside, I Have No Experience With Fiber Glass what So Ever Either So I Would Probably Make A Right C*ck Up!

Cheers For The Reply Though

Plans For The Seats, A Pair Of ''Race Sport - Tech-Art Fine Fibre Reclining Seats'' Re Fabricated Like Original To Look Something Like The Sketch Below.

Please Excuse My Lack Of Artistic Talent :

The Plans So-Far.

--------------------------------------
    Spaceframe Chassis With Twin-Motorbike Engine OR V8 Twin Turbo <-- Not Sure What To Go For, Ideas Appreciated.
    Manual Transmission Or Tip-Tronic Paddle Transmission.
    Straight Through Exhaust With Custom HUGE Back Box, And A Custom Outlet Pipe Like In Original.

Panels of metal made, shaped, sanded down, 'filled', sanded again, and painted like in 'Bangla Bangers' Or 'Chop Shop - London Garage'

---Exterior---

Petrol Cap, Is Situated Just Behind The Window Of The Door On The Right-Hand Side.
    Boot When opened, Moves Upwards Itself By Pnuematic Pistons.
    Door Hinge Will Have To Be Made To Get Door To Open Like Original <-- Anyone Got Any Ideas??.

---Lighting---

The Headlights, One Main Bulb, With LED Lights Around The Edge Of The Casing. Finished Off With Carbon Fibre Effect.
    The Taillights, (Red) LED Lights Around The Edge, Horrizontal Strip Of White LED Lights In The Middle Of The Red Ones, Obviously The Reverse Lights.

---Interior---

Computer Built-In To Where The Sat-Nav Is In Original. USB Ports and Other Connections In The Glove Box
    Controls/Buttons Built-In To Big Circle Thing( Circle Has 10 Buttons {Left Window Up, Left Window Down, Right Window Up, Right Window Down, Front Foglight, Rear Foglight, Dipped Headlights, Parking/Side Lights, And 2 More} And 1 button in the middle that is Ignition/Engine Start.. There Is Also A Hazard Light Button Slightly Bellow The Circle. The Outlines Of All The Buttons Light Up Blue. )
    Bellow The Screen But Above The Circle, There Are 3 Buttons, For The Air Conditioning, The Middle Button Is Smaller Than The Two Either Side Of It And There Are Some Very Small Vent-Like Holes In The Dash Between Them (Possibly Speakers!?!)
    There Is 4 Air Vents On The Dash Aswell.
    2 Circle Speakers On The Dash Aswell Next To The Door On Either Side.
    White And Black Trimmed Bucket Seats
    Fire-Extinguisher Located On The Floor In-front Of The Passenger Seat For That Race Car Effect.
    Usual Indicator And Window Wiper Sticks Behind Steering Wheel.
    Tip-Tronic Gear Padal Also.
    Race Sport - Tech-Art Fine Fibre Reclining Seats, Re-Trimmed To Look Like Original.
    Flat Bottom Steering Wheel Re-Trimmed Like Original.
    Air Vents Custom Moulded Around Donor Vents To Look Like Original. Finished In Carbon Fibre Effect.

---Extras-----

Key Like Original With Little Slot To Sit In (between seats, at the back)
    Speakers Behind The Seats.
    Single Cup-Holder Infront Of Handbrake.
    8 Radio/Screen Controls On Steering wheel (4 Either Side Of Horn), Edges Light Up Blue Same As The Buttons On The Big Circle Thing.
    Koenigsegg Logo For Horn In Middle Of Steering Wheel.
    'Agera R' Written/Stitched Into Dash Infront Of Passenger.
    4-Point Harness.

--------------------------------------

Anyone Any Tips For Designing A Spaceframe??

I Litterally Haven't A Clue..

Great idea! I wish you well in accomplishing this.

I would recommend to first learn how to a 3D modeling program. That way you can not only bring your vision to reality, but you can turn all of your ideas in to workable plans complete with dimensions, etc. There are several consumer grade 3D CAD programs that can be very helpful. TurboCAD, DesignCAD and ViaCAD 3D are three options that immediately come to mind. All three can be had for less than $100. Then, there is also FreeCAD and Blender that are available free online. My choice would be ViaCAD, as it is by far the easiest to learn and at the same time has as much capability as some higher end CAD programs.

Also, get your hands on as many reference books as you can find that relate to car building. They are usually cheapest on Amazon, plus have reviews from others who have already read them. One book I highly recommend is Herb Adams' book "Chassis Engineering". And there are quite a few collections of books on welding and fiberglass techniques as well. Get them all. Read them, study them and absorb them.