Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Its finally time to BULD my dream car!!!....... LP400s countach by Jimmy Rigged

Its finally time to BULD my dream car!!!....... LP400s countach by Jimmy Rigged

Almost every young man growing up had had an eye on some kind of dream car.....Mine was the Lamborghini countach! Ive always had a dream of seeing one or even riding in one, let alone the thought of owning one seemed like a dream ....lol

20 years later Who would of thought id finally have the oppurtunity to own my own....Although I want a real one the reallity has set in that Im poor (lol) and will probably never have the chance to, soooooooooooo, a look a like is the next best step.

After several automotive rebuilds, and facelifts under my belt, Ive finally deceided to take the plunge and take on the project of building a LP400s look a like...

Like I said, Im poor and dont have the moola as some to even remotly finsh such a big build, so therefore I had to let got of a couple of my prize toys to get most of the big stuff.... then do some sailing while I save some more.. Its easier to save a couple hundren rather than a couple thousand.

My Biggest concern (after selling the toys) was to find and purchace nice accurate body, a full drive train and the set of wheels I want, along with the front and rear suspension...I know, I know....wheels? Yeah I wanted what I wanted and I had to have them before they werent available anymore. + I needed them for track and wheel base measurments, and last but not least......I LOVE wheels, I think it makes the car

Well without further adu... heres the start of a long, fun, full of pics build thread!!!!!!! Please stay tunned. All comments, suggestions, help, and advice (good or bad) are welcome....

Heres a couple pics of my sacrifices........

And heres the new project.............

Re: Its finally time to build my dream car!!!....... LP400s countach by Jimmy Rigged

Now thats what i believe in, if there is a will there is a way.... looking forward to seeing build.... BTW that hatchback is sick!! very mint...

Re: Its finally time to build my dream car!!!....... LP400s countach by Jimmy Rigged

Aug 3rd....the body came in..... wooooo Hooo! This will be my official start date.

This is what Im shooting for..............

And I just found this interior and fell in love with it...This is definatly the colors im doing..All original including the banana seats ( wich I still need)

Quote Originally Posted by 767pilot
    Now thats what i believe in, if there is a will there is a way.... looking forward to seeing build.... BTW that hatchback is sick!! very mint...
    Thanks alot man.... that is totallty my philosophy. Im poor and want it so bad, ima make it happen !

Thats what I'm talking about. Gotta stop dreaming and MAKE it happen! Love the Countach! What kit is this?
    Keep dreaming if you want to, I'm building mine!

Quote Originally Posted by MDMurcy2
    Thats what I'm talking about. Gotta stop dreaming and MAKE it happen! Love the Countach! What kit is this?
    This would be the Eurowoks kit... Im totally happy with the dimensions n such...so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Bottlefed
    This would be the Eurowoks kit... Im totally happy with the dimensions n such...so far so good
    Euroworks have a nice black 5000QV I saw a few years ago .. fell in love with it, just drool over it :P

http://www.lambocars.com/archive/countach/euroworks.htm
    The Lamborghini Countach Replica by Euroworks

Mr Jon Watson was a real Lamborghini enthusiast in the early Nineties, but the rather large investment in a real Lamborghini was just a little too much for him, so he decided to do the next best thing, get a replica of this awesome automobile.

He decided the normal replica's weren't exactly what he was looking for, it was way too easy to distinguish them from the real car, even when they weren't parked next to each other.
    So he took one of the best replica's available and modified it to look even more like the original, the stunning black Countach 1988 1/2 replica on this page was the result of a massive work that took two years to complete.

Jon started out with an Euroworks kit which could be mounted either on a stretched Fiero chassis or on a custom made tubular steel tube chassis, Jon used a 5 inch stretched Fiero chassis to get the exact wheelbase as the real Lamborghini Countach. He didn't stop here, he also removed the entire sheet steel sections for the original dashboard and welded up a custom one to resemble the real Countach dashboard, so no difference could be seen here.

Jon completely buit the interior for this special replica from plywood, gluid with Duraglass, only the custom seats were made of fiberglass. He wanted 'his' replica to be as correct as possible so he bought several parts directly from actual Lamborghini dealers, like the ashtray, dome light, steering wheel center pad, heating controls, dash buttons and the vents on the dashboard.

As stated earlier it took Jon over two years to complete this very special replica, but the result was stunning, finally a replica that could fool most people, you really have to look at details to recognise it, even the exhaust system was custom made to make a noise very similar to the fabulous V12 used in the real Countach, while only a V8 engine was mounted, coupled to a five speed gearbox.
    The rear wing seen on some photo's was actually removeable, Jon liked it this way, so he could drive the car with or without it, whichever he liked best at that time, he later decided to sell his proud and joy, after winning several first places at shows all over the United States.

This car clearly shows that it is possible to have a Countach look alike that not every kid will recognise as being just another knock off, something that won't even remotely be mistaken for a Lamborghini, this Countach replica will need a second look to see the minor differences with her majesty, the Lamborghini Countach.

Ohhh , and most importantly...The plan..! lol

-Lp400s low body styling, scoops, engine bonnet, wingless
    -Corvette LS1 ,twin tubo later...
    -Porsche 911- 915 transaxle
    -Kennedy adapter and 450ftlb puck clutch
    -Corvette C4 rear suspension, aftermarket coilover
    -Mustang II (coorvette) front suspension, manual rack, aftermarket coilover
    -Painless engine harness
    -Painless chassis harness
    -Gm style TCI steering column (black)
    -Oem wind screen, tail lights, badging
    -Oem lp400-400s grey and black interior
    -Campagnolo wheels 15"

Quote Originally Posted by Bottlefed

^^^
    I have videos and photos of this very car and all I can say is that photos will not do any justice.

I wish you well on your project.

But I must say after riding in a real Diablo 6.0 and having driven a few LS1 vehicles I would like to make a suggestion and you should consider a V12 of some sort. Whether it be a Jag, MB or a BMW just go with one! sure it won't be as powerful as the LS motor but You'll be glad you did. The Sound is well worth it.