Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XPERT360's 1st Scuderia F430 Build

XPERT360's 1st Scuderia F430 Build

Her we go again then. This time a DNA Kit. Hope you like:-

NOW READY FOR PRIMER ;D ;D

Re: XPERT360's 1st Scuderia F430 Build

That's a lot of work done already! Planning on having it done in a week or two? ;D
    Seriously though, when did you start??

difficulty level? also yeah like above whats the labour hours so far?

You're awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

yeah, what he said. That's gotta be a really fast build, or you've been holding out on us. ;D

make ya own minds up. Just take a look at the initial pic. Thats all the cutting that is required on the donor car. The rear clip bonds onto the roof with a few hanging brackets and cill brackets, the front clip is one piece and is bolted onto existing wing points and the doorskins just bond straight on. DNA have made this easy.
    From start to finish - Id say 6-10 weeks working 8 hrs a day. ;D ;D ;D - difficulty level?? well..... whats lower than "easy"...erm.

Quote Originally Posted by XPERT360
    make ya own minds up. Just take a look at the initial pic. Thats all the cutting that is required on the donor car. The rear clip bonds onto the roof with a few hanging brackets and cill brackets, the front clip is one piece and is bolted onto existing wing points and the doorskins just bond straight on. DNA have made this easy.
    From start to finish - Id say 6-10 weeks working 8 hrs a day. ;D ;D ;D - difficulty level?? well..... whats lower than "easy"...erm.

hey buddy im gonna say you just placed about the BEST and most ACCURATE posts ive personally EVER read on any build thread on here,....WHY?

well your buildin skills obvious,you know your way round a dna kit like few do i guess,you by your own admission tell us the kit is made as easy to fit as any kit EVER can be...and heck i agree with you 1000%.dna go that extra mile "and spend a fortune on tooling then re-tooling-then re-tooling again and again to give a product that actually fits against,and bolts to the original base car as they can......no doubt about it fibregalss should all be made to fit this way,a bit like my gallardo kit

the bit i like in your post is the build time.6-10 weeks working 8 hrs a day!!!.FANTASTIC ,great to actually read a builder who isnt high on space dust or trying to kid any fools into believing these cars can be built in weeks or months!!!!

your skilled-motivated-equiped to do the work yet 6-10 weeks 8hrs a day is a figure most will be able to believe,however MOST of us have jobs-family-hobbies-lives outside of kitcars

so an average jo who decides he will give up EVERY weekend and put in 8 hrs per day until the cars finished no matter what is gonna have an awfully long wait..hey i aint knocking you in fact im praising you and your honesty for being real about it

ok so 8 hrs per day=16 hours per wknd
    it will there fore take 45 weekends to get it done..give or take the odd misshap/things going wrong/life in general....ok still almost acheivaqble but how many guys will have a family who will put up with not seeing anything of you for over 1 year!!!!.....not many im guessing......so factor in a real time life and im betting a build time closer to years is the true figure.....again i ant cribbin -im praisin ya....ive been on my own build for almost 2 yrs and still nowhere near

just brilliant to have it in black and white from an independant builder like you instead of the superfast super dreamer builds the trade puts on sites like these

again well done,fantastic threads and builds

john

Quote Originally Posted by XPERT360
    level?? well..... whats lower than "easy"...erm.
    LOL!! ;D ;D

Man, that kit is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by alpina-ferrari

it will there fore take 105 weekends to get it done......ok still almost acheivaqble but how many guys will have a family who will put up with not seeing anything of you for over 2 years!!!!.....not many im guessing......so factor in a real time life and im betting a build time closer to 3 years is the true figure.....again i ant cribbin -im praisin ya....ive been on my own build for almost 2 yrs and still nowhere near
    I think your maths might be a little off there buddy. By XPERT360's reckoning it's between 6 and 10 weeks, so assuming an 8-hour day (and a five day week), it's:

Best case: 6 weeks x 5 days x 8 hours = 312 hours, or 19.5 weekends
    Worst case: 10 weeks x 5 days x 8 hours = 400 hours, or 25 weekends

If you modify that and assume that XPERT360 is referring to a seven-day working week when they refer to the 6-10 week build time, then it works out at:

Best case: 6 weeks x 7 days x 8 hours = 336 hours, or 21 weekends
    Worst case: 10 weeks x 7 days x 8 hours = 560 hours, or 35 weekends

I'm not quite sure where you got 105 weekends from but I'm sure that at least some of us would welcome a half-year (or thereabouts) weekends-distraction. Certainly, it would seem reasonable to expect someone who can work on his car some weekends to still manage it in around a year.. On the DNAOC we're already seeing customer-completed cars - they're normal Joes with jobs who work on their cars during the weekend, and the car's not been out as long as your quoted two years yet!

Quote Originally Posted by somejohn
    Quote Originally Posted by alpina-ferrari

it will there fore take 105 weekends to get it done......ok still almost acheivaqble but how many guys will have a family who will put up with not seeing anything of you for over 2 years!!!!.....not many im guessing......so factor in a real time life and im betting a build time closer to 3 years is the true figure.....again i ant cribbin -im praisin ya....ive been on my own build for almost 2 yrs and still nowhere near
    I think your maths might be a little off there buddy. By XPERT360's reckoning it's between 6 and 10 weeks, so assuming an 8-hour day (and a five day week), it's:

Best case: 6 weeks x 5 days x 8 hours = 312 hours, or 19.5 weekends
    Worst case: 10 weeks x 5 days x 8 hours = 400 hours, or 25 weekends

If you modify that and assume that XPERT360 is referring to a seven-day working week when they refer to the 6-10 week build time, then it works out at:

Best case: 6 weeks x 7 days x 8 hours = 336 hours, or 21 weekends
    Worst case: 10 weeks x 7 days x 8 hours = 560 hours, or 35 weekends

I'm not quite sure where you got 105 weekends from but I'm sure that at least some of us would welcome a half-year (or thereabouts) weekends-distraction. Certainly, it would seem reasonable to expect someone who can work on his car some weekends to still manage it in around a year.. On the DNAOC we're already seeing customer-completed cars - they're normal Joes with jobs who work on their cars during the weekend, and the car's not been out as long as your quoted two years yet!

sorry bud i meant 45 wknds approx not 105..my typing mistake.........stillnice to see a builder who doesnt live in cukoo land...remember he builds-preps-paints???all his own,most builders "private" dont ,they get the kit on as best they can then off to the local bodyshop to button it all up,that in itself takes tons of time so i rekon on that basis alone your maths could be as floored as mine..........

john