Thread: Touchscreen Speedometer (JM Exclusive)

Touchscreen Speedometer (JM Exclusive)

:laugh: :laugh: My Touchscreen Speedometer Build :laugh: :laugh:

Okay, so Im back again to tear up my Celica and try out some more ideas. This time i wanted to convert my speedometer gauge to more of a digital look.

Check My build vids on this project:

Part 1(obvious where I start the idea process)- Digital 8in LCD Tachometer/Speed Gauge Pt. 1 - YouTube
    Part 2(this is where i tear down the gauge cluster to fit the screen and build the frame) - Digital 8in LCD Tachometer/Speed Gauge Pt. 2 - YouTube
    Part 3(i have built the frame not its time to test it out) - Digital 8in LCD Tachometer/Speed Gauge Pt. 3 - YouTube
    Part 4(FINALE) - Touchscreen Speedometer - YouTube

So initial of course i had to break down my gauge cluster

The only part i had to save was the actual odometer piece, because i need to save the mileage and the speed sensor is built in there.

Fitting in was obviously a challenge solved by Mr.Dremel

Once i got that in there, i could start taking the monitor apart. The circuit board of the monitor and the controller for the touchscreen fit beautifully inside my cluster and since I was making my own turn signals i drilled in some LEDS as well

Everything fits niceeee

So now i just need to build the frame using the bezel of the monitor into the bezel for the gauges

put em all together and what do you have?

Wow, great work mate !

great stuff man keep it going!

This is cool. Wish it would work with ODB1 engines.

Keep this going.

Quote Originally Posted by kamakaze View Post
    :laugh: :laugh: My Touchscreen Speedometer Build :laugh: :laugh:

Okay, so Im back again to tear up my Celica and try out some more ideas. This time i wanted to convert my speedometer gauge to more of a digital look.

Check My build vids on this project:

Part 1(obvious where I start the idea process)- Digital 8in LCD Tachometer/Speed Gauge Pt. 1 - YouTube
    Part 2(this is where i tear down the gauge cluster to fit the screen and build the frame) - Digital 8in LCD Tachometer/Speed Gauge Pt. 2 - YouTube
    Part 3(i have built the frame not its time to test it out) - Digital 8in LCD Tachometer/Speed Gauge Pt. 3 - YouTube
    Part 4(FINALE) - Touchscreen Speedometer - YouTube

So initial of course i had to break down my gauge cluster

The only part i had to save was the actual odometer piece, because i need to save the mileage and the speed sensor is built in there.

Fitting in was obviously a challenge solved by Mr.Dremel

Once i got that in there, i could start taking the monitor apart. The circuit board of the monitor and the controller for the touchscreen fit beautifully inside my cluster and since I was making my own turn signals i drilled in some LEDS as well

Everything fits niceeee

So now i just need to build the frame using the bezel of the monitor into the bezel for the gauges

put em all together and what do you have?

Great job, thanks for posting it

GREAT project!! respect there man!

Hello Kamakaz.
    Good effort there mate :-)
    Where did you get the touchscreen display from please, and what else do you need in the way of software / interfaces etc

Many thanks