Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part of the 3% Club

Smile Part of the 3% Club

Finally home from the painters. 3 years, too much money and time but finally home with the Diablo Roadster. I do not know how to post pictures but did create a link listed below.
    Pictures by antoonv - Photobucket

Wow- beautiful car. Looks like a top notch build. Congrats!

yeah looks great!! In the pics, you have another one, a murci.... nice!!!! so jealous...

Nice car man! I hope I can join that club at the end of the year!

Congrats! I hope to be joining you in two years

Chris

Nice! Where are you? Have you weighed it? Where is this 3% club of which you speak? Congratulations!

Located in Toronto, Canada. The 3% club you ask. I have been collecting replica cars now for over 20 years and from the cars that get started, unfortunately the statistics, only 3% make it on to the road. I can not tell you how many shop cars I have seen over the years of cars that go from one owner to another and then land up in the back of someone’s garage only to see the light of day years later where the loop starts again. To build a car takes money, time, skill and yes more money. Too many folks focus on making it “look like the original” and spend all the cash buying parts for show. From my humble experience, put the car on the road, sort out all the little quirks, and there are always some. Then after a season of driving with some miles on the car, upgrade, titivate and make the car look as you see fit. Sorry for the long winded answer but this build is now part of that 3% club.

Nice car! I'm a gold card member of the 97% club hahahaha. Curious, why did you put the batteries in the back? Especially two, those would be great to distribute the weight.

Very nice car. I noticed in photo #28, the lower suspension ball joint is mounted within a horizontal plate. I have seen photos of at least one car with similar ball joints, where that horizontal plate developed a stress crack in between the ball & the tube. Just making you aware.

took her out for a spin, going strong. Took my first crack at you tube
    006 - YouTube

Thanks