Thread: Rcr sl-c

Rcr sl-c

Ok heres my question... I recently ran into a site (Superlitecars) basically a kit car company that does replicas of race cars. The car I really like is the RCR SL-C car. The reason I really like this car is the racing all aluminum frame. The frame has been testing, raced and basically proven its self as a safe and technically advanced frame. It takes a LS6 corvette engine and goes well over 200mph.

My question is this, if I purchased a frame could be used as a frame for a murcielago build. I guess I could purchase one of these cars prior to a murcielago build but it would be cool to have one of these frames for a murcielago knowing you could do 200mph+ and be safer than hitting high speeds with a chopped fiero frame or a frame weilded together that has not been race proven. What does everyone think?

Trying to race in any stretched car is a death sentence

200mph in any car, and you won't know if you wreck it. You'll likely be dead.

The chassis is 10k, and there's absolutely no reason to even ponder 200mph.

I think I would rather have an accident in a very old plastic bath tub than a stretched car. Anything else would be better.
    The chassis looks good and perhaps has been proven to be safe in an accident on the track where all the cars (you hope) are travelling in the same direction and there are run off areas with impact absorbing barriers. If safety is paramount for the road however, stick to a thoroughly tested and proven production car. Apart from a repaneled production car there is no kit car that will come near to the level of safety that we take for granted these days. Think of it as riding a fast bike. You know the risks and you drive accordingly. ie. avoid hitting anything ;-)

Why don't you contact RCRFran and ask??

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I can tell you this, Fran is a great resource and his car goes a BIT beyond a re-panel!!!!

I do like that idea though, besides he is a car guy and has elves in his shop so anything is possible :}

Those are purpose built race cars, and are works of art without a doubt. I still wouldn't want to get into a car accident in one, but that's not qualifying it properly. I wouldn't want to get into a car accident in anything, surely not a sub compact, or even compact production car. But production cars are built with crumple zones, air bags, energy dispersion, high strength steel coupled with these things, and function as an entire unit to mitigate injury. They also have anti lock brakes, traction control, etc. for accident avoidance.