Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Countach build

Hybrid View

Countach build

The body is strange because it has the periscopo roof from the LP400 but it has the rear fender flares from the 400S and on.
    I cant seem to find a year where they did both. I am sure a few of you might have seen this for sale a while back on EBay.

*I have since found a couple of special editions, and yes I mean only 2, where they had the periscopo roof and the fender flares.
    ** A little more digging and I have found a handful of LP400's that had the flares added to them.

The Countach built on a Porsche 914 pan that has rusted out (helps to not leave it sitting outside for years in the rain with the windows down)

UNKNOWN body - the bill of lading shows the car was completed and shipped from Germany back in 1986
    from Brauns + Co agent for Mladen Mitrovic in West Germany.

Does anyone know anything about what this body might be based off that information?

Name:  060.jpg
Views: 3888
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  019.jpg
Views: 3987
Size:  96.2 KB

There is no motor or transmission.
    There is an interior (poorly constructed)
    There is a dash with gauges (Speedo missing)
    Dash, seats and the rest of interior is unusable.

I have the rear lights (complete)

I am missing the front turn signal light buckets.
    I have the head light housings with motors already installed.

Missing the the side square marker lights.

Ordered the Mercedes W126 door latches with strikers for $30 each.
    Ordered a dual arm bus windshield wipe assembly that looks close to what I see on the Countach in pictures.
    Ordered the baby turbo mirrors because that is all I see even though there are a few posts saying no baby turbo. I have those other Ventil or whatever ones but I dont like the way they look with the split arms.

I am looking for the Countach OZ rim inserts if anyone knows where I can get some.
    Not sure of what they are really called. So much back and fourth about the OZ/Campognolo Gotti Bravo S1, S2, S3, Telephone...WHICH IS IT!?
    Name:  wheels.jpg
Views: 3832
Size:  91.3 KB

Last edited by zdaxxy; 03-13-2015 at 09:37 AM. Reason: updated with more/correct information

Talking

I have the inserts but I'm also interested to see if you'd be willing to trade your engine cover for a Quattrovalve. Send me an email at Countach711@gmail.com as I don't check this site regularly. Thanks, John
    Last edited by Countach711; 03-06-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Email sent..

I am working on the light buckets now. Since I can not seem to find any measurements and only one template that was of poor quality and incorrect size I am making from scratch and creating them from a bunch of pictures. I do have a real lens that is helping a ton with the measurements but I can not use it because BOTH of them are cracked in a few places very badly. (Figures) since they are originals or very good copies. Should have the bucket templates finished up this week from cardboard so I can move on to the metal fab.

Still trying to track down the front square signal light dimensions, might have to grab more photos and work on them from scratch as well. So far, a pair is $60 and that is the lens only, YIKES!
    Last edited by zdaxxy; 03-07-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Ok, so the W126 latches are NOT correct, thanks for that invalid cross reference part#. The W107 latches are supposed to be the ones that work. Good news is the strikers seem to be the same part for either the 126 or the 107 so I do not have to buy new strikers. I can still use the W126 for another project so no big loss there. Still working trial and error on the light buckets since I can not seem to acquire the correct dimensions anywhere. I am in the process of fixing the cracks and chips on the body as well.

I think it is the 108 that is the correct one?

Cast Countach wheels. Better than inserts, no?

LAMBO
    Last edited by EVM_Rob; 03-11-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: forgot text

Quote Originally Posted by EVM_Rob View Post
    Cast Countach wheels. Better than inserts, no?

LAMBO
    I would rather have cast wheels but the cheapest I can find are $700 each just for the rims. So for now I need to go with wheel inserts because of price.

Try the latches from a Mercedes W114 or W108 - They will work.

Also look at 1986 Subaru XT for your front signal lights

The W107 Mercedes latches are correct. They have the correct holes and are the right size.

Congrads, I recall seeing the car on ebay.