Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO Project

Ferrari 288 GTO Project

I'm considering a different direction in my 308 build. I finally have the kit attached to my Fiero frame lines up pretty good. But I have caught a bug from a fellow builder Don here in Victoria.
    I think I'm going to modify it into a 288 GTO. as I just love the lines.
    So the first thing I would like to find is a set of detailed 3D drawings hopefully get some dimensions to come up with a plan. The great thing is from the pictures I've studied the 308 Kit is a good starting point.
    If anyone can help me with this or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne

Sorry Wayne;

I forgot to send you my drawings last night after we talked. I have a set of 288 GTO drawings that are cut into sections that I can supply for you.

Good luck with the rebuild and I look forward to helping out where I can.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Hi Wayne,
    Good to see you made it over and good luck with the project. I was curious whether you were the one Don was helping out. Now I know...

Look forward to seeing your build progress.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Well I have been going back and forth on how I want this to look. I want the 288 but I love the Koenig rocker and lower scoop, I've see RCR and and bunch of others on a Pennocks thread all really good stuff. So I've decided to build it with lots of help and advise from Don I think its going to look Awesome.
    The base kit is Rob's 308 kit so a good start for a 308 body to modify. I though it would be a good start to modify one side out of foam as a working pallet.

So to start this thread I'll give you a bit of background on the car and what has been done to date.
    The donor is a rust free 87 Fiero GT which I have completely rebuild front to back, I've installed a 3800 SC Series II ,put in a cam, Intercooler and a 3.2 pulley and cold air induction.
    I'm running 18" Ferrari 355 wheels with a 3" spacer in the rear and 2" on the front. I have Installed coil overs in the rear and 1" drop spindle in the front.
    I'll try to upload the pics of my progress to date.Name:  20140226_150414_resized_1[3].jpg
Views: 3102
Size:  1.34 MBName:  20140225_145347_resized_1[8].jpg
Views: 2953
Size:  1.04 MBName:  20140227_171551_resized_1[1].jpg
Views: 2969
Size:  1.17 MBName:  20140227_170635_resized_1[5].jpg
Views: 2941
Size:  1.05 MBName:  20140227_170556_resized_1[8].jpg
Views: 2942
Size:  749.5 KB

A few more pic's
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nice ! Keep it up

More Pics

I though some of you might like these

Todays progress

Its coming along ,here's some more pics

Coming along great. Your sculpting looks really good. When you get the body shaped/finished the way you want, are you going to skin it in glass, or do you plan to take molds, and lay up new parts to use on your car? Looks like you are using the triple expanding spray foam, have you considered getting 5 gal. drums of two part foam that you mix on site? I've found the latter to be better to work with, but either will work. Don't mean to sound like I'm advising, I'm not, just curious, you obviously know what you are doing. Also, if you have Don to help, and get advise from, you sure don't need any from anybody else!

Your engine install looks neat and clean, nice job.

I'd be interested to know what parts you used for you rear coil overs, they look great too!

Keep posting the updates as you're able, subscribing to this thread.

TDW
    Thanks for looking!!
    Yes with Don's help I'm in good shape. The plan is to do up molds of the finished body and do new panels. I'm actually using the two part foam now on the front, I was trying the canned foam just to hold the white foam in place and see how it scupted.
    The coil overs came from West Coast Fiero in California as did the front and rear springs.