Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Testarossa replica build

Those rockers will make a huge difference. Nice work

taking a break from the bodywork and building the dash and center console.

So I cant do all the work on the outside and leave the stock Fiero dash, Its just not gonna work for me. I wanted to build a better dash and center console that more resembled the Testarossa style. I used the base dash and built off that. I cut the original side AC vents off and built the wood frame off the factory base of the dash. This allowed me to use all the original AC ducting, Wiring, and gauges. I framed it out in wood, then used 1/4 finish grade plywood to surface it. in all reality its still a replica car, and I want to be able to replace parts with ease after it is built.

testarossa dash build

I included the testarossa steering column Vin mounting box. The gauge console is built with a wood base and then it has polyurethane foam shaped over that.

No I start making my cardboard templates for the center console.

And of course the boss is overseeing the project to make sure its gonna work for him when he is riding around.. lol

I mounted the two factory gauges in the center console.

then used the factory air vents and AC controls in the center of the dash. The screw heads will be allen heads once done.

I fiberglassed the gauge cover and I used 2005 Grand Am AC vents to replicate the round ones of the Testarossa.

I had a friend of mine that does custom interiors hook me up on the dash, seats and door panels. I wanted to do Daytona style seats. This is extremely difficult and really shows the skill of the interior guy. My friend did amazing. I am really happy with the outcome. I am building to suit my style. I have always loved the daytona style Ferrari interiors.

Michael, Looks awesome, The Daytona seats came out great. Chairs and flares all the way. -Vinny
    Last edited by TRcrazy; 07-19-2015 at 07:31 PM.
    Remember, there is always next year.

Senior Member CHRISTOPHE de France's Avatar
    Hello Michael,

Super work; full of creativity.
    I use it a lot for the reconstruction of my replica testarossa in France.

Continue with beautiful photo on the forum.

Christophe

Thank you Christophe, I have a lot more pics to add, Its just getting the time to add pics and describe what they are. I have spent some time in the engine bay. I'm creating intake tubes and fitting sheet metal to dress up the area. I use cardboard to get the shapes I need then I transfer that template to metal and cut it out. All of this will get custom painted in the end to add to the look.

engine compartment work

Intake tube fabricated, and cardboard templates made.

Sheet metal fitted in.