Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum Countach Build

Impressive to say the least.

Wow, thats awesome!

Pictures don't do this build justice. I have been in that garage drooling over the car several times and I can say without a doubt that the metal work quality is outstanding and flyhilandsoft will have an incredible vehicle when done.....

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Thank you all. It is very similar to Ken Imhoffs in design. He was a huge inspiration for me and I wouldn't have attempted this with out his help. I used a lot of his ideas. His craftsmanship is second to none. This has been a monumental task for me without a doubt. The hardest parts of the body are done but there are plenty of difficult projects ahead. Ken and I have become very good friends over the last 9 years and talk to him fairly often. He has given me lots of help and encouragement. I have seen his car and it is incredible.....hope mine turns out half as nice as his.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Pictures don't do this build justice. I have been in that garage drooling over the car several times and I can say without a doubt that the metal work quality is outstanding and flyhilandsoft will have an incredible vehicle when done.....

Cheers
    Don
    Thanks Don. You have been a huge help in making it look authentic. Thanks for all the help on the front bumper, spoiler and wheel flares. Your an expert and your help is very much appreciated.

John

Finally on its own wheels. All of the body panels are just laying on the chassis. Not a single bolt or screw is holding them down so they are a bit crooked. The fender flares are just sitting there as well which makes the rear wheel also look out of sorts. I am going to secure them very soon and get started on the doors. I am remaking the rear lower control arm chassis brackets. The geometry is not quite right so I should be reinstalling them next week if all goes well.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Great to see an aluminum countach !!

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442 View Post
    Great to see an aluminum countach !!
    Happy Days! Cutlass and I agree again!

Wow, this aluminIum Countach looks amazing. That's some serious skill there. Nice job!

Can't wait to see this progress even more.....

K9

Thanks guys. Here is a couple more I took today
    Attached Images Attached Images