Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: LP 400 Build

Quote Originally Posted by zagato750gt View Post
    Still waiting for my wheels to arrive but there was small progress at the weekend.....

Continuing with the modular theme I made the flange joining the roof to the side panel.

The flanges are about 5mm thick and that is 6 layers of mat.

Nick

Oh nicely done! Why haven't we (I) seen this method before? I think it has a lot of advantages over a 'one solid shell' build...

Great work Nick,

K9

Quote Originally Posted by K9COP View Post
    Oh nicely done! Why haven't we (I) seen this method before? I think it has a lot of advantages over a 'one solid shell' build...

Great work Nick,

K9
    Thanks!

Probably because it takes longer to do.
    Most kits are designed to make as much money as quickly as possible.
    My body had already been cut into quarters when bought so to me it made sense to put it back together this way.

Advantages yeah,
    1 the lay up process would be much easier with the smaller pieces.
    2 the end product looks more original
    3 accident repair would be easier (god forbid)

Nick
    Last edited by zagato750gt; 06-13-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Wheels!!!

I received my wheels yesterday

The tire is a skinny thing and not representative of what it will look like BUT I am chuffed to bits with the wheels.

Especially considering the price I paid and that they are 15"

They are Made in France and called Gotti 075. They have 5 x 108 PCD the same as my Lotus chassis

Trust me they will look less bling when painted silver instead of being polished.

Rear 8 x 15

Rear Wheel 8 x 15

Front 7 x 15

Nick
    Last edited by zagato750gt; 06-15-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Those look great! Don't even need any painting

I received my wheels yesterday

The tire is a skinny thing and not representative of what it will look like BUT I am chuffed to bits with the wheels.

Especially considering the price I paid and that they are 15"

They are Made in France and called Gotti 075. They have 5 x 108 PCD the same as my Lotus chassis

Trust me they will look less bling when painted silver instead of being polished.

Rear 8 x 15

Rear Wheel 8 x 15

Front 7 x 15

Nick
    Very nice choice! Looking good Nick.

K9

Very cool...have you figured out what you are going to do for the engine bay lid yet???

Quote Originally Posted by wbnemo1 View Post
    Very cool...have you figured out what you are going to do for the engine bay lid yet???
    I have thought about it and think I will try making both rear lids in steel (I have a welder and enjoy welding steel)

That will then be the part I take a mould off of, I don't want to use the steel parts on the car unless they turn out absolutely amazing

There is a guy on Facebook who has made a nice LP400 engine cover for himself but it was a one off and he has no mold to make copies, hey ho.

Nick
    Last edited by zagato750gt; 06-16-2016 at 01:10 AM.

I have thought about it and think I will try making both rear lids in steel (I have a welder and enjoy welding steel)

That will then be the part I take a mould off of, I don't want to use the steel parts on the car unless they turn out absolutely amazing

There is a guy on Facebook who has made a nice LP400 engine cover for himself but it was a one off and he has no mold to make copies, hey ho.

Nick
    I've got a couple of mates here who've made them. I guess distance to you would be the issue, but if you need any dimensions, let me know.

K9

Quote Originally Posted by K9COP View Post
    I've got a couple of mates here who've made them. I guess distance to you would be the issue, but if you need any dimensions, let me know.

K9
    OK, so email sent and acknowledged requesting dimensions. Should have them by Tuesday, and I'll post them up.

K9

This is awesome