Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chupacabra build

Chupacabra build

I don't do much on build threads but thought the Forum would like to see what a few thousand hours looked like. This is still many hours from being finished, the side Naca Ducts are not modeled yet nor is the rear spoiler and this is still the old size smaller tires. I have not posted on Youtube for awhile but last week I added a new video. In the next few days I will post another with the chassis pulled off of the jig.

Charley
    Attached Images Attached Images   

now THAT'S an exotic car with a genius behind it. Nice job

K9

Thank you Uncle Paul but I am STILL NOT GOING TO SEND YOU ANOTHER TWENTY BUCKS. The second new video is posted to Youtube and these pictures are of the engine mock-up to check accessory and belt clearance.

Been eagerly awaiting your build thread Charlie ! Looking good !

The first build video can be found here

https://youtu.be/eM4dXdOMaSc

If the link doesn't work on your phone or computer just search YouTube for ��"Chupacabra build"
    Last edited by cutlass442; 08-26-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Thank you 442, I am not sure this is going to turn into a build thread, most of that is in video on Youtube. I got this from Flavio today. We have pushed and pulled those side windows quite a bit in order to make the window roll up and down and he is right, they have become a little short. I like that Diablo window and think we can do that without creating the window problem again. What does everyone think about the Murcie rocker scoop?

I like the Diablo style side glass.
    I was never really a fan of the curved side scoop, to many lines going on there. Overall great design and the chassis looks awesome. Looking forward to more progress.

Exhaust mock-up
    Last edited by 76mx; 05-20-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Hope to see that car finished & on the road asap...
    Saw your videos.Both professional & funny...

the problem that I see with the Murci style is the integration with the wheel arch

Hi Charlie, Your build is going great, I just watched and saved all your videos today, I must say I am extremely impressed with your alloy chassis, as I am only just starting my steel version, I am tempted to buy one of yours and drop my shell over it, do you have any idea of the chassis finished weight, from your videos the alloy looks quite thick, would it be around 5mm or more, I really like the way it all interlocks together, will the alloy need stress relief once its all assembled, I figure if there is limited welding you wont need to anneal it after is finished, and I guess that will not be possible due to the bonding process. It really does look awesome.