Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aldino Spider

First order of business get rid of that shifter boot and homebrew glove compartment, previous owner must have been a truck driver! All ready have my interior order in with Amida.

Last edited by mera308gts; 06-14-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Radiator overflow tank was found with broken mounts and a rubber hold down strap to hold it in place, so it was replaced with a nice new one.

One of many Fiero abuse items on this car!
    Last edited by mera308gts; 06-14-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Great find! keep us posted. sorry I don't know your name.

-Vinny
    Remember, there is always next year.

Thanks for encouragement! Here is my electrical nightmare, a complete 1999 Buick Regal 3800 L67 Series 2 Super Charged engine with 4T65EHD Automatic transmission wiring harness in the trunk. Please note right side of photo you can see the ignition key, wire tied in place in the “ON” position. Buick computer is in the trunk while the Fiero computer is still between the seats. Not sure if Fiero computer is doing anything?? I’m willing to take the Buick harness apart but really need some expert help, schematics pictures, etc. Currently have to disconnect battery because Buick harness is “HOT” all the time. Dana

Last edited by mera308gts; 06-14-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Wow... Two computers for the price of one.

Drewbdo ship that Corson Spider east!

My Aldino has homemade front support frame assembly, rear support frame assembly and mid-section support frame. This is the cause of the front and rear body panel misalignments, so I have ordered factory made supports from Aldino. While waiting on the new supports, I have other fun projects to do, so I made up one of my Ferrari / Fiero gas caps.

Step 1: Purchase Ferrari 430 gas cap on Ebay, this one sold for $100.00.

Step 2: Remove slip ring and remove lower assembly.

Step 3: Buy replacement GM gas cap from Walmart.

Step 4: Separate the plastic cap from the lower section.

Step 5: Drill holes in plastic cap and epoxy plastic cap in Ferrari cap. Center plastic cap ensuring epoxy flows inside plastic cap holes for a strong bond. Don't get any epoxy on ratchet teeth! This will require the whole tube of epoxy.

Step 6: After epoxy sets up overnight reassemble the GM lower piece to the plastic cap. You now have a Ferrari cap to replace that old Fiero gas cap!

Last edited by mera308gts; 06-14-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mera308gts View Post
    Drewbdo ship that Corson Spider east!
    Yes sir! lol

I'm working on it. I'll be giving you a call, as I may have to enlist your assistance as suggested in your email.

Anyway, regarding the gas cap... wow! So simple, but such an effective and improved look. That's why I love this forum. So much good information on how to do stuff!

I love these build diaries... Keep the photos coming!!

I love the gas cap conversion! Very inventive! Way to go!

Huge thanks to Amida for rechecking again his 355 interior parts inventory to see if he had the parts to build one more and maybe the last 355 interior package for my project! This Aldino Spider needs a great interior as I intend to drive with the top down offend. He has the parts and the order is in, so let the interior building begin and hopefully the stars will a line in time for some Fall 2017 top down drives!!

Last edited by mera308gts; 06-30-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Engine is sucking hot air so need to upgrade to a cold air system.

But the old unused Fiero air box is still there. I’m sure before the engine conversion the original engine used the stock setup.

Tight work quarters but the Dremel Tool won!

After the body/paint shop this gets installed.

Will continue these small projects until the new factory body panel supports arrive.
    Last edited by mera308gts; 06-14-2016 at 04:37 PM.