Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Aldino Spider

Aldino Spider

Here we go the restoration of an Adino Spider I acquired this past March. Not much known about its past other than it appears to have been built from a second hand body and not from a kit. The front support frame assembly, rear end support subframe and mid-section support bracket are homebrew. The front amber marker lights are homemade! With this said and known, why did I buy into this project? Yes it is a piece of crap, needs a lot of work but for the price I paid, I could not buy the donor, the body kit, made it a spider and do the 3800 SC engine swap.
    With this said here we go . . . . . .
    Car was delivered from Florida to Maine on March 19, 2016 by 4 Dís Trucking, Inc out of Reddick, Florida. Highly recommended, an enclose transport for the price of an open one, only hitch, they only do the east coast.
    Here is the car arriving, photos thanks to my neighbor Steve.

Before I get to the restoration of the body panels there are a lot of smaller items to take care of, so stay tuned.
    Last edited by mera308gts; 08-10-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Drives like a go kart Sean, I've already been to your 430 build to refresh my memory on your removable hardtop.

Wow if that is a piece of crap underneath, it looks sexy as heck on the outside ! Wow ! Love the look, wheels even look perfect. Might close the wheel gap a smidge but otherwise a homerun. The spyder version of this car is just super sexy !!

Looks great !!

Why did so many of these Ferrari kit cars have that huge wheel gap ? My 355 has it too and I don't understand why they couldn't get the wheel gap right

My Corson has the big wheel gaps too but even the Ferrari BB512's have large wheel gaps. With kit cars you need to install "lowering" springs to counter the lighter body. Problem with the Corsons and Aldinos they are already very low and will bottom out if the road isn't smooth! So can't do the spring thing with these cars . . . . .

This car looks even better as you step further back. All panels will need to be stripped and repainted then aligned. Gaps are all over the place around this car. Still has original Fiero interior, in a Ferrari replica spider?? Rear trunk has a complete 99 Buick wire harness in a big ball, with the Buick ignition key wire tied in the on position! As I said loads of work to get this one right but that is why it's my hobby!!

Last edited by mera308gts; 08-10-2017 at 08:53 PM.

I look forward to seeing your build progress. It has great potential... the outside lines, and especially those rear wheel arches are incredible!

I'm still waiting on paperwork to move forward on my purchase.

I was eyeballing that car on ebay but already have more than I can handle with my current car. I am sure you will be able to make this car look like a million bucks when done. Maybe a combination of lowering springs, larger wheels, and a different profile tire will get the wheel gap where you want it.

Congrats! That rear end shot looks awesome. Fun times ahead! Eddy

I always had a thing for these. It will be great! Looking forward to watching your progress.