Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Supercar

I hear you. Thanks for the advice. I will have to do some more research and come up with a plan. Any suggestions are welcome.

ESC, my suggestion would be to seek the suggestion of your brake manufacturer. I think you have bigger issues than a proportioning valve, and they should have already provided the answers. But in their defense, did you ask them what you needed or did you tell them that you wanted "The biggest that would fit my application"? As a manufacturer, it is much easier to sell you what you want than it is to educate you about what you need. However, again as a manufacturer, it is a more pleasant experience to help you design something that works instead of selling you something that is destined for failure. I do not mean to sound critical, I bring this up because this same example can be used on any number of parts on any number of builds, and I hope this concept is useful to you in the future as well as others. Good luck with the rest of your build and use the wealth of information available from the component manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    ESC, my suggestion would be to seek the suggestion of your brake manufacturer. I think you have bigger issues than a proportioning valve, and they should have already provided the answers. But in their defense, did you ask them what you needed or did you tell them that you wanted "The biggest that would fit my application"? As a manufacturer, it is much easier to sell you what you want than it is to educate you about what you need. However, again as a manufacturer, it is a more pleasant experience to help you design something that works instead of selling you something that is destined for failure. I do not mean to sound critical, I bring this up because this same example can be used on any number of parts on any number of builds, and I hope this concept is useful to you in the future as well as others. Good luck with the rest of your build and use the wealth of information available from the component manufacturers.

VERY WELL SAID!!!! Some time re-inventing the wheel can be expensive at best, or deadly at worse

ESC,

Do you have the Tesla motor yet? It just so happens I have a K1 and a Tesla motor. The reason I bring this up is I am not sure the two will fit together. The Tesla motor is VERY wide, as matter of fact the Tesla is 1 inch wider then a Corvette. I'm also building a car based on the Tesla drive train. If your interested in what I am doing you can find my videos here. https://www.youtube.com/c/XSMotorWorks

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by XS_Motorworks; 06-24-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Tesla motor should be shipped in the next 30 days. Yes, Tesla motor is very wide, from rotor to rotor measurement is 66". Unless I can find some exotic wheels with +70 offset , my plan is to widen the fenders

Cool...that should work. Another thing I was thinking about is tire height. Not sure if your aware but Tesla use a tire that is 28 inch tail. Not sure if it matters much but I would think going with a small size tire might effect your range (not sure what your thinking for a battery pack). Just something to think about.

Ya, I will not be using stock tesla tires. Definitely will not fit. thanks for the thoughts.

What suspension components are you planning on using in the rear?

Just as a reference here is what my K1 looks like with 345/30 R20 tires.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzO0dBHnMH2/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
    Last edited by XS_Motorworks; 06-27-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Yikes, I hope you don't hit any bumps. Suspension will be a little bit of a question until I mount the tesla motor.