Page 10 of 111 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO - BUILD - Project

Re: My Next Project

Now that we have a free viewer, do you have the original files for the frame?
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

that's not for me to decide
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

well, lets have someone who can make that decision do it already. =P
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

Thanks Auto. Your efforts are appreciated by all.

AutoMX has been kind enough to convert all the drawings that I have to pdf so I have 12 drawings in total and only of the flat frame and front and rear suspension cages. The rest of the frame was not put into Inventor yet when I bought the frame so here you are for what I have to date.

This winter, if my new job ever slows down to the point where I am not working until 1:30+ a.m. daily, I'll get more measurements and pictures of the frame and get the frames drawn up in AutoCAD.

I just tried to upload some pdf's of the frame but I can't. Only jpg and gif. Too late in the morning to start converting to jpg......

Whoever wants what I have in pdf, email me or pm me with your email addresses and I will send you a zip file in the next few days.

Don't reply here as I don't get here very often any more.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Well;

It looks like I will be going with the Ferrari 288 GTO replica since I just finished buying a set of 328 molds from a fellow fairly close to me. He came down to a good deal on the price of the molds that made it reasonable to pull some panels from.

More updates over the winter.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

For upload files
    http://rapidshare.de/

Re: Ferrari 288 GTO Project

Quick update. I changed the name of the thread since I am heading down the path.

Thanskgiving weekend up here this past weekend so I had time to get out to the garage and get after the current project to get it done and driving.

I will be picking up the 328 molds from B.C. in a couple weeks since the fellow I bought them from is away.

I have found a local fiberglassing company that gave me a preliminary quote for fiberglassing costs for the panels in case I am not up for doing my own. Not bad for cost but I am sure I could get it cheaper if I had a few sets to do.

More to come as I am getting perilously close to starting this next one up.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I cant wait to see how this project comes together Don..
    The 328 pulled from the molds looks good..Maybe you should see if someone wants to pull a body at the same time to help bring your costs down..

I've been asking around if anyone wants a kit and I have had a couple responses. The initial panels I would like to take out for myself to make sure they come out okay and look good and then I would open it up to whomever wants some panels as well.

I would not want to sell anything that did not come out well to begin with. I have gone down that path myself with my 355 kit and would never wish it upon anyone.

Only good thing I say about my adventures on the 355 is I am not afraid to tackle size of rework or design now.... Learned a lot of what and what not to do on the 355. A lot of things I would/will do differently a second time around.

Cheers
    Don

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Molds are in my garage as of late last night. Yet another long weekend of driving and I am on my way ready for this build.

I will be talking to a fibreglass guy to see how much it will cost to build panels from the molds. I have preliminary pricing from one guy but I need to get a more accurate quote now that i can show the molds.

If anyone wants a set, email me and I will add your request to the list and get you a contract sent out around terms and conditions. I am not going into business with this set of molds nor am I willing to take huge risk of getting panels built on spec, but if anyone wants some panels then we can work something out when I get mine made.... Panels only as there are not any grills or lights or anything with this. You also need to use the front hood of the Fiero as the bottom of the front deck lid and the front section of the Fiero roof so don't get rid of these pieces or you will be hunting through junk yards...

Cheers
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV