Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1105

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO - BUILD - Project

Hey Don,
    I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not, but what size tires do you have on in this pic? Is this the size you plan on going with?

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Hey Bob;

I have:
    225X50X15 front
    265 or 75 (can't remember X50X15 back

I will check the size for the back for you

If I can find the same size in new tires I will as they fill out the wheel wells very nicely. Some other tires on replicas just don't suit the look in my opinion. The old style cars have the 35 series band of rubber around 18" rims that make then look almost cartoonish....

My opinion is these fit well and look good. Need to clean the rims and redo the black plaint but hey, always something to do isn't there....

Talk soon
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Thank you, sir.

I hope 18s aren't too cartoonish. That's what I have for mine.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

A bit of work on the engine bay today.

A bit of wiring cleanup and other engine bay tidy items and also made the remote power distribution centre mounted in the engine bay. The battery will be up front and I have power door locks only so need a place that is accessible by key where I can get power to the car to open it up in event of power issues. Engine bay is the only place that will have a key lock entry point.
    I bought some 1/2" conduit today as well to put the battery cables into so when I run them under the car, they are protected from elements and damage in the conduit. The red line is more or less where I will run the conduit along t he firewall as far as I can by bending and manipulating and when I am done bending, I will run the battery cable along in wire clamps the rest of the way. The conduit will run each side of the fuel tank along side the heater and A/C pipes.

I also mounted the coil packs where the battery used to be.

Will be bending the conduit up tomorrow night to have it all in place before I lift the engine back in to finish the last plumbing and wiring to the engine.

Cheers
    Don

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    A bit of work on the engine bay today.
    I have power door locks only so need a place that is accessible by key where I can get power to the car to open it up in event of power issues.
    It takes some forethought to incorporate these ideas in our older chassis. Having remote, easily accessible charging points are a great idea too. Your post has reminded me I've got to start a checklist with all these ideas so I don't only remember them once it's too late.

Blooz;

It does get exhausting trying to think through all these up front for sure. I am very close to having the engine and driveline go back in for good and i want that to happen soon.

How is your project going? I will have to swing by your web page to have a look.

Cheers
    Don
    Last edited by Don; 10-29-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Blooz;
    How is your project going? I will have to swing by your web page to have a look.
    I haven't worked on it since April. *Sigh* If I could just get ahead of the Honey-do list...

Did up the conduit for the battery cables. Ran the conduit along each side the gas tank and will clamp them up against the A/C and heater lines to make sure they are away from rubbing on the tank. I then bent up the first conduit (power cable) and it turned out pretty well. Once painted, it will fit in very nicely.

Made a dog's breakfast of the other side (ground) though..... Plan to cut the butchered conduit off and see if I have enough conduit left over to redo the run across the firewall and under the car. I won't be able to put the conduit too far into the front area due to my reinforcing bars up front so will run the conduit up as far as I can get and then run the cable alone for the rest.

More work on it tonight and hopefully a better looking second conduit.......

Thanks
    Don

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

That is better. Fixed the ground conduit. On to the front end to bend the conduit up above the reinforcement bar and get the cables into the front trunk.

Cheers
    Don

Cables will be clamped to the walls around the corner and into the power distribution block.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

👍Lookin' good!