Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1133

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO - BUILD - Project

Been waiting for some parts to arrive and been working way too many hours at the day job lately. Also needed to update the 3d printer and I am running a test piece as I type this out to make sure it is working properly so I can now print the last piece of the second wiring firewall through plug.

I now have a proper Idle Air control valve ($180 CDN no longer in my jeans) and the rubber heater hoses needed to connect the last two plumbing pieces from engine to heater box. Went and got some thin wall metal tube as well to make the runners along the front firewall and the 90* rubber hoses will connect both ends. Hopefully this weekend I get it all put together and ready to fire......

More to come
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Man, I am super excited to hear that shes almost there for you. This has been a long process for you but It sounds like the finish line is practically in sight... or is there a finish line? lol
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Standing by......did you know that if you hold down the ALT key while you punch in 167 on the numberpad....it will give you a degree sign?.....90.....just another piece of useless information from the master of nothing!

Seriously...looking forward to your first drive in this absolutely gorgeous machine!

wow that's exciting for sure cant wait for some video.. Monumental for sure.

Don: Premature congrats. Been a long time coming.

Ted: :) That's amazing.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Looks Awesome!!! I am in the process of buying a kit car. Let me know when you are done and if you are willing to sell.

The Ferrari GTO was built to compete in the new Group B Circuit Race series and a minimum of 200 cars were required for homologation. Due to lackluster participation caused by these regulations, the Group B Circuit series never took off. As a result, the GTO never raced and all 272 cars built remained purely road cars. All of them came in a stock red color, except one which was black.

Very neat info jackjhon!

What's up Don?......had to time to get it any closer to cruisin'? 😁

Unfortunately no. Fiscal year end and preparing for a Board meeting at work has me working crazy hours right now. Today is year end and just finished the Board meeting so will have more time in April to finish off the items needed to start the buggy up....

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Took a small break from the engine bay and went after final touch up and cleanup on the rear engine lid. I ended up having the grill and the lid itself in the way all the time so I decided to clean up and sand the engine lid centre section black which goes under the fins and then cleaned and sanded the grill work. Painted in my satin frame piont whuch is a heavier paint so the grills will last. I also added in some nutserts so I could fasten the grill to teh engine lid without the same old screws going into fiberglass like so many replicas end up using.

Turned out very well and I am now redoing my basting cabinet as it fell off my makeshift stand and almost hit the car which would have been some major devastating damage so not tempting fate any more and attaching it properly to some legs and moving it over out of the way. Just temporarily fastened to the legs right now as of tonight but will go out and finish the proper mounting at a better height as it was a bit too high before as well.

Almost back to the engine bay again....

Cheers
    Don

Looks good but I just realized when I took the pictures is that I forgot the grate under the grill..... WTF!!!! But seriously though, I still need to take the grill off again and put in black anodized bolts as well as get access to the hinges much more easily when putting on the car so will mount the grate when I final install the lid....

The grill is metal and the grill is aluminium so will be fashioning some install mounts for the grate under the grill fins when all is done.

Blaster obviously needs a pile more work but at least a steadier for now. It is built level. The rubber mat underneath one side makes it not level now in case anyone mentions it....

Last edited by Don; 04-23-2019 at 02:07 AM.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV