Page 1 of 107 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 288 GTO - BUILD - Project

Ferrari 308 Rebuild Project

I just closed the deal to purchase the attached frame that was designed and built by a fellow in Oregon. It has been documented over on Pennock's. He is moving so needed to sell it.

I have been planning to be using his CAD drawings to build the frame for my next project so when I saw that he is selling, I jumped on the idea as the frame is the hard part for me. The body design and making is something I am more comfortable with. Cutting and shaping foam and then covering in fiberglass is more my speed than welding an entire frame.

Anyway, I pick it up early June.

My current project is about 1 month of evenings and weekends away from being off to paint so I am almost ready to go on my next one.

I just couldn't turn this down.

Cheers
    Don
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Don; 05-01-2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Changed Title
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Re: My Next Project

A couple more pics

I plan on creating a one off design that replicates nothing but my own ideas and convolutions.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Cool, what is the wheelbase? Looks like it will accept stock windshield.
    Scott

i'm not sure about those seats ;D

looks great, hope it all goes smoothly. what drivetrain do you have in mind?
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

WoW Don..

This project has tons of potential! Any idea what it weighs just as it sits, and the ground clearence? I'm in the works of building something very freakish like you have there. I see this and get the chills ;D Awesome.. SIMPLY Awesome!
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Don:

Wow, I saw this car being built on Pennock's. I would love to have this car with an IMSA Fiero body attached to it. What a work of art. I say you should kick the rear wheels back 2-2/4 inches and mount your 355 on it with a roof. That would make a statement.

If you want to resell it, I am interested!

Congratulations,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Thanks guys;

I am excited about this future project.

The wheelbase is 5" longer than stock Fiero so it is 98.5" or there abouts. Full C5 suspension comes with theframe as well as aluminum rad with other tanks he has custom built for the frame.

I have always really liked a clean sleek car design. I have been in touch with a fellow, actually, he used to frequent this board occasionally, his name is Wyatt Turner, and he has designed a few cars over the past few years and I really like one of his designs called the Garra. I really like the design that Rob Kusakabe (Amida) has put up on Pennock's as well with his Fiero stretch. These styles are the kind of designs I am partial to. There is also a fellow that has a Pantera replica that fits a Fiero that I have been talking to about a stretch version that makes it stock wheelbase as his kit is quite good. I really don't know what I want to do with the frame so far as styling goes but a big part of my job is now done with the frame being purchased complete rather than having to build it.

The frame is designed right now for V8 with Porsche trans behind it into C5 suspension so I will probably stick with something like that or maybe go with a 3800 Supercharged mated to an Audi or Porsche trans. I have a frame that is designed for longitudinal setup and I no longer have to work around a Fiero chassis to get everything to fit properly so I am way ahead of the game in my mind.

I don't have too much to do left on the Ferrari so I will work through that first before I get into this one so I finish one before starting the next. (I am pretty good at doing that and never getting anything done.)

The pic attached is of my debate with myself between what next car I wanted to build and the Garra is on top and Ferrari 288 GTO on the bottom. It is my desktop background so not I have to decide on a direction for the next build and start setting up drawings.

Cheers
    Don

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Garra gets my vote..

Sleek, Stream line very clean.. Are the body panels availible?
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

it's juat a computer model [for now]
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Hey Don, I'm surprised anyone here is paying attention to Fiero design topics.
    I saw that chassis before. Isn't it originally supposed to be a tube frame Fiero?
    Does this guy have a frame shop? He's in my region. Rob