Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Re: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Hi, sorry fuel line was the wrong word. Its just the fuel pipe from the tank up to the filler cap. You just unscrew the clip, remove the old hose and put the new longer one in, its as simple as that really. The hose attachs underneth so its easy to get to, the breather pipe also needs a longer piece putting in it, but again thats just a single clip. I will try and get away with not completely draining the fuel tank by jacking one side of the car up as high as I can. Will do some pic's when I'm doing it, so you can all see.

Right the vans booked, confirmed it with DNA and ordered my tyres. I also bought a FERRARI badge off ebay, so now I have all but a decent bonnet badge :-)

things I need to source / find / buy to complete my build

Front light kit
    Exhaust
    Rear Light set (one side)
    Indicators
    Exhaust Grills
    Engine window
    Engine window grill
    Wheel false disc's

Thats about it..

Also I would like to thank Hmmm for all help and advice he's been giving me :-) Just a couple of pm's has most likely saved me hours of work ! Top Man !
    DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
    Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

why not upgrade to real brembo's? they make a big brake kit for the MR2 spyder

Quote Originally Posted by lowboost
    why not upgrade to real brembo's? they make a big brake kit for the MR2 spyder
    Hi m8, I might upgrade the brakes when I get my turbo fitted, but to be honest the mr2 brakes are awesome already, its stops on a pin head.. sadly even if I do upgrade the brakes they will still sit to far back from the wheels because of the spacers being used. This is why I'm after false discs and calipers... but these can wait will its on the road.

Do the OEM front, exahust, and rear grills from a 360 fit the DNA kit? What about the OEM side markers (lights)?

Quote Originally Posted by sbsport23
    Do the OEM front, exahust, and rear grills from a 360 fit the DNA kit? What about the OEM side markers (lights)?
    Hi m8, yes the DNA kit uses proper Ferrari front air duct grills, rear exhaust surround grills and also the rear window grill, its a very close replica. The side markers ? Are these indicators (flashing orange things on the front wings) yeah again original ferrari ones.

Steve

thanks. I'm starting to collect emblems and badges off ebay and think I can save by sourcing the grill's myself too. The used ferrari headlights/tail lights I've seen on ebay seem fairly expensive.

Super job Steve, looks like you are really into this now, rest assured I will support you all the way.
    Apologies for intruding on your post, I wrongly assumed you may not know about the petrol pipes.
    Regard's...Hmmm ( Paul )
    Technical and hands on engineer

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm
    Super job Steve, looks like you are really into this now, rest assured I will support you all the way.
    Apologies for intruding on your post, I wrongly assumed you may not know about the petrol pipes.
    Regard's...Hmmm ( Paul )
    Hi Paul please post as much as you can, as you have already been there and done it 'TWICE' your knowledge is like gold dust :-)

sbsport23 - I am unsure if the front lights will fit, I know the lens are the correct size, but the mounting is different. I am going with the DNA ones as they seem very high quality and then I will at least have the support of DNA to help me fit them if I have any problems. They provide the mounting brackets in the kit for them.

Also I have been advised by a third party to go with the genuine rear lights as the cheap oem ones just dont last.

Steve

Hi Steve, this is what I meant about knocking the wheel arch flanges flat.
    Do it with the wheel off and use the heaviest hammer you can lay your hands on !

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Technical and hands on engineer

thanks m8, might have a go now whilst its still light outside. I see you have found your camera :-)

OK had a go, the top bits easy.. lol for the bottom bit I think I need a BFH.. lol will buy one tomorrow and get both sides finished, get it jetwashed underthere and the give it a coat of underseal I think. Taking of underseal, did you do the tops of your doors where its be cut, as its now got un protected metal.. think I will give it a coat anyway

steve