Thread: Kray's Extreme 360 Build Diary

Kray's Extreme 360 Build Diary

Hi Guys,

It'll be a few weeks before I get to start this but I thought I'd introduce myself to the community now (mainly cos I can't contain myself now I've decided to do this!) ;D

About me:

Name - Steve Gibson
    Age - 39 (but acting 14 right now)
    Children - 2 boys and a girl
    Occupation - IT Director

I'm getting married during on the 11th October so I'm spoiling the missus for a while before I make her a kit car widow and spend the honeymoon money on the car

I've spent the past few weeks (months even!) looking at the extreme 360 reviews and various Build Diaries and have contacted Damian at Extreme to get me a Build DVD sent.

I've bought myself a 3.0 V6 Coupe, but sadly I'm short of a garage and so I'm desperately seeking a workshop or double garage to hire to do the project in. Failing that I get to rip up the front lawn and flower Beds, concrete it all and use a gazebo! I've negotiated with the missus to Landscape the front garden if I have to do this, Although I don't know how the neighbors will react to having a tent in front of our house.

Please, someone tell me it will all be worth it!

I have loads of questions about the build, but I can see that you guys have plenty to deal with right now so I'll reserve the questions until after I've watched the DVD for the 100th or so time and have actually started the project. In the meantime I look forward to keeping up with the Build Diaries that are already on the go.

Good Luck to you all on your prospective builds.

Re: Kray's Extreme 360 Build Diary

Welcome to the forum Kray.. ;D

I cant say the Extreme 360 will be easy, but it will be more than worth the money and effort once you start driving it around or even just looking at such a car parked in your driveway will bring a smile to your face..

Hey Krey, welcome to the crazy wakky world of kit cars. Its fun ;D ;D ;D

Dont forget to check us Extreme boys out at www.extremeoc.co.uk. Hope you can build by next years shows. Where in the country are you.

good luck with your build.
    Nigel.

Heya

I'm in Northampton, but work in Rugby - so looking for a workshop in/near either town.

..I don't really fancy the gazebo route, but as needs must eh?

Hoping to get the job done for spring and I love this 430 colour scheme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfUN5GgjBk&feature=user

Hopefully I'll have it done in time for an event somewhere, it would be good to meet up with some of the other builders ;D

By the way your video Diary I found quite inspiring - definitely swung it for me to attempt the build (You ought to get commission! )

Welcome to the madness. Starting a kit car build is a whole lot easier that finishing. Stay focused, humble and do not give up. We are all behind you, so post progress and pictures.

The ultimate goal of a kit car build is to finish the car with out your wife leaving you. Umm, good luck.

welcom to the forum...hope you start soon and dont forget the pics plz.
    wishing you all the best

Welcome to the forum. There must be a lot of IT people on this site. I am one as well.

Looking forward to your build, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

All the best,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraythorne
    Heya

I'm in Northampton, but work in Rugby - so looking for a workshop in/near either town.

..I don't really fancy the gazebo route, but as needs must eh?

Hoping to get the job done for spring and I love this 430 colour scheme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfUN5GgjBk&feature=user

Hopefully I'll have it done in time for an event somewhere, it would be good to meet up with some of the other builders ;D

By the way your video Diary I found quite inspiring - definitely swung it for me to attempt the build (You ought to get commission! )

Extreme are you listening ;D ;D ;D
    Seriously tho' Extreme have been good to me.

hello there mate welcome i've not been here to long myself. i did a similar sort of thing with the structure for housing the car although i decided to go againtst the gazeebo route and i built a makshift garage out of 3x3 timber 3mm plywood for walls and 200 of perspex sheeting for the roof. its been a godsend really seeing all the bad weather we have had and has stood up against it. i think you should not go for the gazeebo as we are soon getting to winter and the weather will be worse!!! i think you may regret it. if you want some pics of what i have done i'll be glad to take a couple. note i will be on holiday for a week leaving tomorrow cant wait.

Ok Raw Material:

Ex-Ebay Car: 1997 3.0 V6 SE (full service history and recon engine with 70k on the clock) 800

Ex-Ebay Wheels: As new Jag XK8 wheels 8.5J front, 9.5J rear 19" with new Dunlop tyres 245/40 front and 275/35 rear 400 (OMG how happy am I with the price!!!)

Mock up on F360 (These are the new Jag Jupiter wheels which have slightly wider spokes, but you get the idea):

Colours / Design - Metalic dark Grey with light Grey stripes:

Now to just Pave over the front garden and order the Body Kit - (After the Wedding that is!!)