Thread: Cheap Gt 40! kind of a good find!

Cheap Gt 40! kind of a good find!

Replica/Kit Makes : Ford GT 40 GT 40 | eBay

Ford GT GT40 Replica/Kit Car Fiberfab Avenger GT-12
    This is not your typical low budget kit; itís an all aluminum tubular 2" x 4" frame, aluminum floor, aluminum structure, aluminum corvette front suspension, 12" front and rear disc brakes, corvette dual piston calibers in front and Lincoln large diameter calibers in the rear, Q1 Variable compression springs in the rear, Complete heavy mat fiberglass body, and yes the engine.
    The Engine is an Ford 4.6 Cobra, dual overhead cam 32 valve, 6 bolt mains, Aluminum Block, aluminum heads, aluminum intake, and etc. which is bolted to a Lincoln transaxle with custom made chrome molly Coletta axle shafts.
    I also have all kinds of misc items to complete this kit, including the wiring harness, computer control systems, steering rack and pinion (corvette), Ford steering wheel assembly with air bag, and etc.
    No title and never has been titled as do all kit cars that hasn't been finished. I do have a folder full of receipts and manuals for this item.

this is not mine , just a cool find on ebay

yeeap thats a good find for someone that has the time

Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but I hate that everyone with a DOHC 4.6 calls it a "Cobra" motor. A Lincoln DOHC is quite a bit different, as that's what it appears to possiby be (if its a 4V motor at all). Otherwise, might make a good start. But it's like anything else, when you catch someone stretching the truth on the engine of a car, you question the rest of what he says.

very wise words rush, and quite true at that, I was not meaning to lie, i just copy and pasted what he said about it :P Still you can rarely find a fiberglass kit for 3k

Quote Originally Posted by ovenomojr View Post
    very wise words rush, and quite true at that, I was not meaning to lie, i just copy and pasted what he said about it :P Still you can rarely find a fiberglass kit for 3k
    Just to be clear, I wasn't accusing you of lying. I was reading the eBay posting, and that's where I saw pictures of a motor that didn't appear to match the description, although I'm not an expert. It's still a good find.

yeah to be honest i think ebay posters just tend to stretch the truth because you're not seeing the car in person, thats why i like craigs list so much more,

Lincoln transaxle? This must be a transverse installation. I would be interested in an up close look at the welding on that aluminum frame. If it isn't done right that would be a death trap.

That ain't no Cobra motor. Its the same found in the base GT that makes like 215hp. I know cause my buddy used to own one before he traded for an 03 Cobra himself

This looks like a great project for a first time builder honestly. Someone could really build this car up and do something nice with it if they wanted to.