Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One of the best threads in a long time and it gets shut down whats really going on?

One of the best threads in a long time and it gets shut down whats really going on?

REALITY & FANTASY

Read and enjoyed the reality fantasy thread, Had to do with someone who really knew what he was talking about. He was expressing his professional opinion, and was attacked by some mary's on this forum who feel there opinion counts due to the fact that they had post upon post. This is a horrid forum talk about a dictatorship. I am ashamed to have joined such a weak forum with such mary's. Hey bottlefed have no respect for you or anything you represent. I have saved the entire thread. I will post the proof of your weak character, and the rest of your girlfriends. As to the administrator of this site. You are a pathetic reason for owning a computer, We finally had a true professional car collector on here, not just a poser, and you shut him out. Well you can shut me out too. I won't be back I have way to much class to be here. GOOD RIDDANCE MAD MECHANICS To all the forum members who are into countach replicas and did not get a chance to read the thread, you would probably never come back here. who ever ftroop is was a class act that was Bogart by some weak sissy's on this forum. FTROOP START YOUR OWN SITE I WILL BE THERE.

Lamboclone.com
    Already has countach specific forums

yup everything you said
    mods here will delete things simply because they don't have anything better to do
    you'll have better luck at literally any other forum

lamboclone.com

Wow.

First post and passing judgement.

Is there a Ferrari replica specific forum?

Not that I know of

Kitcentral and lamboclone focus mainly on lambo kits
    Madmechanics is the only forum for all types of kit cars

The guy fully admitted he has never built a kit, he has only purchased kits and bitched about their quality. So his opinion about what others have built isn't qualified with any work experience. He "knows a guy who builds kits cheap" but yet he buys used kits that he hates the quality of, and then claims to have a whole bunch of real exotics. None of it adds up. And whats more, no one cares. And that's what upsets him most. He knows that even if he does have money, that doesn't mean he has taste or knows what it takes to hand assemble a car. He just wishes he could come online, throw around this image he painted of himself as rich, and we will all see the error of our ways for building and enjoying these cars, and expecting to be compensated for at least a portion of their investment.
    If he or anyone else wants to come here and civily discuss the fact that investment doesn't always equal 100% return, then fine. I can even agree with the broader point. But telling guys on here that fake means worthless, is like arguing with guys about fake boobs. If you can see them, touch them, enjoy them, and be proud of them, for most....they're real enough.

This forum was originally set up as a Ferrari focused forum as the original mod (Ari) owned a 308 replica and wanted to share ideas. The forum has morphed to all kits that folks want to post as builds are interesting to see and this forum is open to all.

The problem in the past few years, I have been on here since early 2000's, is that there are lots of folks coming in and bashing everyone else's work. Some with and some without experience of their own. For myself, I appreciate everyone's effort and enjoy sharing ideas. Some others do things I would not do myself for whatever reasons but it is their build and welcome to do what they want. I only pipe in when I think safety might be an issue and only provide constructive suggestions vs. trashing that goes on with others. We are here to help, or at least we used to be. I did not see any of the thread that was mentioned in the first post so I have no comment on that.

There are several forums out there that provide replica specific sites. I find this one to be the most diverse for different builds though.

A lot of great info on longitudinal engine/trans setups at GT40s.com, LamboLonuge has really good info for Fiero stretches and other frame info, Lamboclone is great for Lambo related parts and builds, Lamboreoplica.uk?? is nice for Lambo related European info, some North American builds as well but mostly European, DNA has their forums, FFcars has their forums. There are lots out there.

It all depends on what you are building and what you want for info/help.

My thoughts anyway.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHAVED View Post
    If he or anyone else wants to come here and civily discuss the fact that investment doesn't always equal 100% return, then fine. I can even agree with the broader point. But telling guys on here that fake means worthless, is like arguing with guys about fake boobs. If you can see them, touch them, enjoy them, and be proud of them, for most....they're real enough.
    Rushaved, please, please tell me you are not talking about dudes with fake boobs! you did say arguing with guys about fake boobs! lol

Lets lighten up a little. I too was interested in this thread, but for pure selfish reasons. If he indeed have that LT5, it looked like a crate engine and I wanted to know where and how much?

Mike

He pulled the lt5 out of that black zr1 I think

I still want to know how he is going to get that uk countach imported into the USA ?!!