Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to start a Replica Bussiness would like to get your two cents?

Looking to start a Replica Bussiness would like to get your two cents?

Is it a good idea? Will I be able to make a profit? What kits are great? Im located in Michigan Thanks for the info!

The Lamborghini Veneno would be great 100% or the LaFerrari something expensive...

pipe dreams, its a headache, and if you have no idea where to start, a freaking laferrari is not even in question. have you ever even built car yet?
    id say there much better profitable businesses out there. I dont mean to be a downer, but 75% of these forums are wasted storage space of pipedreams and unfinished projects.

The aventador will be the most popular since its the newest and if you have skills to improve the Cki kit you can buy it , make it more accurate and sell them

No it is not a very good business , most replica businesses fail

What's up with copies of real cars?

i always believe that one off cars are more exotic. Especially if it blows the design off the major players.

There are very few buyers interested in one off designs

There are far more buyers interested in cars that look like ferrari or lamlbo
    Even if a copy is illegal

Of course there are gonna be few buyers if that market is miniscule.

Lamborghini Replica's are not good business. your better off trying something like Factory Five where they build and design their own kits from fresh Ideas.

Bugatti is the hot car today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newb123 View Post
    Is it a good idea? Will I be able to make a profit? What kits are great? Im located in Michigan Thanks for the info!
    If you like low profit margins, impossible deadlines, headaches, long turn around, constant dreamers promising to buy your cars, deals that constantly fall through, an industry filled with scammers for suppliers, no time for wife/kids, than yeah, it's a great business.

like someone asked earlier, have you built a car before? If not, do that first, then you will understand.

Disclosure: i don't have a kit car/replica business but i'm only speculating.