Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 'that'll do' build standard Countach 'replica' on Ebay...

Another 'that'll do' build standard Countach 'replica' on Ebay...

...with a deluded seller..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-...m=111714733832

yeuchhh, what a shame...

K9

That car doesnt look bad, I am not a fan of the roof and the fact that it is a short wheelbace car, but it looks good

The "attention to detail" with the seals and weatherstripping and they couldn't even put the lambo hood badge on straight? But all in all a good build compared to other countaches i've seen.

If you look close and also interpret the description, it has the Legendary Velcro Side Windows by the Legendary Demetrius. No expense spared.

looks good to me.

It's pretty fricking nice. The shape is a bit "cubist" but excellent work throughout. I especially notice the perfect detailing of the clearcoat. The upholstery is interesting... wow that is the way to wrap a dash, probably get the material wet and stretch it into place. The center piece is awesome. Look at the seats and door panel, the cracks and drying, those have seen some action! Whoever stitched those was a serious pro I can see why they've been so cherished.

Do you guys think it's worth 28,000 on the market? What do you think is a more realistic price? I'm very un-knowledge but from the description of the limited miles on the engine and all the additions, history etc. it seems like a great car for the right person and at a fair price.

Edit: Just noticed the headrest cover doesn't really match haha, the illusion is definitely exotic!
    Last edited by acuRas; 07-14-2015 at 02:13 AM.

28k lets think about it, what would it take to build to that level? at least that and MANY MANY hours, days, weeks, months, and possibly YEARS to finish
    2500 body
    1500 chassis
    2000 paint
    2500 upholstery
    500 glass
    1000 lighting

rough guesses that is 10k and you have not turned a wrench soooooo what is your time worth?

AB,
    I totally agree with what you are saying, this is an exceptional car for $28,000. I think the issue here, at least the issue that I have with it, is that $28,000 gets you "No expense spared", "Best of the best", "Even better than the best of the best", and "The best out there". In advertising and promotion, there is "Fluff" and there is "Puff". Sometimes the difference is subtle, but it is still a line not to be crossed, both morally and legally. That totally ignored the line.

I feel like I've seen more koenig style and 25th anniversary countach replicas than standard lp500 bodies out there. Is the standard body so unpopular that people don't want to make them?

Most kit makers used the aftermarket style to be different from the oem body to avoid lawsuit by Lamborghini