Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice Murcielago replica on Ebay.co.uk

Nice Murcielago replica on Ebay.co.uk

I guess the old country got something right...:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lamborghin...item2355b85c50

Didn't compare it for accuracy, but looks nice..

K9

Isn't a "replica" by definition supposed to be accurate though? If it doesn't "replicate" then its not a replica, right? It is a nice looking car outside though
    Last edited by murcie-me; 08-24-2015 at 01:31 AM.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by murcie-me View Post
    Isn't a "replica" by definition supposed to be accurate though? If it doesn't "replicate" then its not a replica, right? It is a nice looking car outside though
    Completely agree, and it's one of my main soap box points, which is why I qualified it by saying, "Didn't compare it for accuracy, but looks nice.." when I posted it.

I'm not familiar enough with the Murcielago to comment on the inaccuracies, but I've seen worse....

Replica:

Name:  replica.JPG
Views: 709
Size:  478.8 KB

Original:
    Name:  lamborghini-murcielago-lp640.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  77.0 KB

K9
    Last edited by K9COP; 08-24-2015 at 02:52 AM.

Just went fishing around for pics of your car, and found some inspiring images. Again, didn't do a side by side with an original, but I'm getting the distinct idea that if I did, it would be perfect. I think we have a lot in common! LOL

That's a top quality build, an inspiration to us all, I'd say.

K9

Don't get me wrong, I've always been a big fan of the Extreme Murcielagos and love their cars! Their exteriors are 100%, I just hate when they stop short and keep the MR2 interiors!
    Without talent experience is worthless

Those door panels look like a kindergartener made them. He did so good with the exterior why not fix up interior.

You should have seen the door panels on mine when I got it. They were Sebring door panels that were sawzalled and bolted on with big hex headed bolts.

I really don't like it when they put gallardo wheels on a murcie. You would never see that on a real car. It's a dead give away that its a replica.

why do the headlights have black borders? is it because that is where they are sealed?... also, why go through the effort outside only to skimp on the inside and not do the interior??
    Last edited by bangsters; 08-24-2015 at 10:24 PM.

The wheels are authentic gallardos called Cassiopea. They look a bit like the Hercules rims for the murcielago. The lp640 used hermera rims, and the 670 uses a spider legged 2 stalked 5 star rim.

The guy should make both a fake airbag for the steering wheel(dead giveaway) make a surround for behind it and get rid of those door panels. They scream fake. The plastic pins are on top of the ulphostery and they should be behind it under the padding. Are those manual windows?? They got to go! The door pull looks like shit, why not black them out. I have yet to see a good mr2 interior on a replica
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016