Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $63,000 2001 Mercury Cougar anyone? Veyron replica...

$63,000 2001 Mercury Cougar anyone? Veyron replica...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-...m=181948356557

KBB values? $2800 to $3500 for the base car. Ouch.

K9

They wanted $85000 for it a week ago lol

49 bids on it so far. Congrats to the builder. All that hard work might pay off.

mercury cougar aside, the build quality on this is pretty impressive.

Any item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, supply and demand is working big time in the owners favor, no competition means high price. Good for him.

Totally agree. It looks nice as a finished example, but it's a big ask. It says it's still front engine'd and front wheel drive, not sure about that...

$85k? That's comfortably into Gallardo territory...

It's really not horribly inaccurate (genuine cars below kit pics):

I'm not familiar enough with the car to pass comment on accuracy, maybe the front end looks a little weird, and shut lines here and there , but what an achievement to get that finished. I'm not sure the original was the prettiest car in the world either though....

But still, sixty grand??

K9
    Attached Images Attached Images     

You don't have much choice when shopping for a Bugatti replica so those who have the spare cash will buy this one

Most people have no interest in building their own , they want one they CAn drive today. This is probably the only accurate replica in the market .

And unlike a Ferrari or Murci replica where you can get a real Ferrari 430 or Murci for the low 100k range , a real Bugatti is well over a million dollars used . So the replica price is higher too

But you are still driving a front engine, front wheel drive, automatic Veyron replica. 170hp and a blistering 135mph top speed! What can you do to fix that? Now if this was on a tube chassis and had some sort of beefy engine in the rear I can see the price. I would like to see the look on peoples face when the seller tells them its a $70,000 2001 Cougar ...lol

PS: As far as I know there was never a Ford Cougar "SVT" as the seller says the donor car is .

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442 View Post
    You don't have much choice when shopping for a Bugatti replica so those who have the spare cash will buy this one

Most people have no interest in building their own , they want one they CAn drive today. This is probably the only accurate replica in the market .

And unlike a Ferrari or Murci replica where you can get a real Ferrari 430 or Murci for the low 100k range , a real Bugatti is well over a million dollars used . So the replica price is higher too
    Last edited by slipondajimmy; 12-07-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Yeah the seller is making up the 400hp svt stuff

But really all you need is 170hp on USA roads . Murci me legendary Murci uses a fiero v6. 135 mph top speed is more then plenty to get in trouble , wouldn't you agree?

The kits shooting for 400-500-600hp has nothing but constant problems and parts failures and their cars are not reliable

I dont disagree with the HP. Most people will never go over 80-90mph much less 135. I guess I am just stuck on this good looking replica being on a front wheel drive, front engine automatic mercury. There are just so many cars at that 60,000-$80,000 price range that I would want before a Mercury Cougar haha. But hey its not my money buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by cutlass442 View Post
    Yeah the seller is making up the 400hp svt stuff

But really all you need is 170hp on USA roads . Murci me legendary Murci uses a fiero v6. 135 mph top speed is more then plenty to get in trouble , wouldn't you agree?

The kits shooting for 400-500-600hp has nothing but constant problems and parts failures and their cars are not reliable