Thread: Wanted to Give Everyone a Heads up

Wanted to Give Everyone a Heads up

Hey everyone,

Came across these auctions on eBay recently. I contact the seller and got a half ass response. A day later I got an email from eBay saying this sellers account was compromised and returned to the appropriate party. Strangely enough these auctions are still running. Here is all of the sellers current auctions.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/stevieb4/m....p2047675.l2562

I pressed the seller in a message yesterday letting him know that it was odd that he was using photos from other companies, etc for his auctions. I then asked how many cars he as built ...Here was the reply..

"great questions. We are actually building 2 vehicles for a guy in the UK right now (The Ferrari LaFerrari and the Lamborghini Aventador). The LaFerrari will have an Audi V8 engine and I'm confident the team will be able to take on this project. We don't have any LaFerrari's built yet so the pics are stock photos.The black and red Aventador you see was actually first built at 2 facilities in Mumbai, India, not Bankok. They use it as their own. The facility in Mumbai built the Centenario we are selling but the customer wanted to do his own interior. We work with 2 facilities in Mumbai and one in Kalkutta, India They do an amazing job from start to finish. The Centenario's we build (like the other listing pictured) will have a new V6 engine and a donor car, most likely an MR2 or Accord. The Factory Five Cobras are stock photos because the team, though confident in their abilities, has not built a full Cobra from the carbon steel up. You are very welcome to make arrangements to visit any of the facilities that build these. The Head of Business Development, Mr. Mady Sharma, is based in Mumbai and he always arranges to pick up any foreign customers from the airport and take them on a tour. I will be more than happy to arrange that and pass along his phone, email and Skype information for you. If you wish I could have Mr. Sharma call you directly and discuss more. Thank you for your interst. Steve"

So Bidder beware on these

$60K and they have not built a car yet? Sounds like super replicas all over again. The La Ferrari really interested me until I found that these photos were of the original car. How can people do this? Why do people on ebay think it is acceptable to sell something they don't even have? I have 'purchased' many cars and parts lately only to discover the parts don't exist yet, and the cars they need time to find. They want all the money up front first, of course. Shady. More and more every day in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy View Post
    Hey everyone,

Came across these auctions on eBay recently. I contact the seller and got a half ass response. A day later I got an email from eBay saying this sellers account was compromised and returned to the appropriate party. Strangely enough these auctions are still running. Here is all of the sellers current auctions.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/stevieb4/m....p2047675.l2562

I pressed the seller in a message yesterday letting him know that it was odd that he was using photos from other companies, etc for his auctions. I then asked how many cars he as built ...Here was the reply..

"great questions. We are actually building 2 vehicles for a guy in the UK right now (The Ferrari LaFerrari and the Lamborghini Aventador). The LaFerrari will have an Audi V8 engine and I'm confident the team will be able to take on this project. We don't have any LaFerrari's built yet so the pics are stock photos.The black and red Aventador you see was actually first built at 2 facilities in Mumbai, India, not Bankok. They use it as their own. The facility in Mumbai built the Centenario we are selling but the customer wanted to do his own interior. We work with 2 facilities in Mumbai and one in Kalkutta, India They do an amazing job from start to finish. The Centenario's we build (like the other listing pictured) will have a new V6 engine and a donor car, most likely an MR2 or Accord. The Factory Five Cobras are stock photos because the team, though confident in their abilities, has not built a full Cobra from the carbon steel up. You are very welcome to make arrangements to visit any of the facilities that build these. The Head of Business Development, Mr. Mady Sharma, is based in Mumbai and he always arranges to pick up any foreign customers from the airport and take them on a tour. I will be more than happy to arrange that and pass along his phone, email and Skype information for you. If you wish I could have Mr. Sharma call you directly and discuss more. Thank you for your interst. Steve"

So Bidder beware on these
    Last edited by FerrariXXXman; 03-23-2018 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Speeeeeling

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariXXXman View Post
    $60K and they have not built a car yet? Sounds like super replicas all over again. The La Ferrari really interested me until I found that these photos were of the original car. How can people do this? Why do people on ebay think it is acceptable to sell something they don't even have? I have 'purchased' many cars and parts lately only to discover the parts don't exist yet, and the cars they need time to find. They want all the money up front first, of course. Shady. More and more every day in this world.
    That's the first thought that came to mind as well... stay away it's most likely superrepilcas
    Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.