Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kit Car.Com

Kit Car.Com

Forgive me for this rant ..... As for Kitcar.com...... Some how I cant get over the fact that Kitcar.com can be a complete hypocrite at times. He has the nerve to post when ever some one has a complaint but on some cases he doesn't says where, whom, or the nature of the complaint. "For years we have been recieving serious complaints about so and so. If you have a complaint email me. But folks Buy my book/video"

Infact You'll notice he sells space on his soapbox to market your kit if you are a manufacturer, just like the magazines he complains about. So if you buy into his webspace... no problem but ignore him and he'll run you through the mud.

If not ... lets see who we can drum up complaints on. In fact lets do everything we can to go out of our way to find a situation or create one. *

Some of his postings are so old that the complaints have no update as to any resolution or follow up. It seems common knowledge that most kit companies screw up from time to time and have inventory problems. Any chance you decided to follow up and see what came out of it?

Probably not. Unless we bought into your advertising as well. I love these forums because the information is free flowing and complaints are usually more personal without a hidden aggenda to sell your books/videos. plus its usally easier to get an update.

I am not saying that his file cabinet of complaints don't help or are all bad but if you are going to sound off on your soap box... at least have the guts to back it up all the time instead of waiting for others to feed you the information that may or may not have merit. Or without pluging your books/videos in hopes that we'll all buy it. (has anyone ever bought one? Did it help?)
    Most of us would say do your research and use COMMON SENSE when buying.

Some of the complaints are great and have actuall proof posted witihn the site but others are so vague, its like he has a grudge against anyone not buying into his agenda or advertising space. *"Hey folks buy my book/videos!! then i'll tell you who or what to buy." Ever notice that the majority of his complaints are 3 years old or more? Where's the update?
    My point is... before worring about the contents of your consumer warnings and grudge posting, have a look at it through the eyes of those of us reading... perception is reality regardless of the facts.

Just like those kit companies Kit Car .com has it problems too. There has been so much activity thrown his way that he is now covering TV infomercials!! Read about his "Perfect Pancake" rant. Whats next ??? the Abdominizer? Just about every fat burning gadget, pill, drink, and supplement out there? *Try some Blousant and tell me if it works and how it has something to do with Kit Cars! Just my 2 cents...... Now i feel better ;D *

I think i need some councelling... or anger management classes.... I never knew i had that all bottled up it all in me.

But seriously folks Blousant changed mylife I'll be selling a video and book set if your interested :
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Re: Kit Car.Com

I paid for one of his books and video many years ago. The video had about 10 seconds of Countach stuff and the rest was Cobras and old type cars. He knew exactly what I was looking for when I talked to him and paid for it. Here is the best part, the book that I paid $20 for had an ad for Exotic Enterprises, Curt never told me anything when I paid for it so I could have gotten screwed because I believed that the companies in his book were ok to buy from. I wonder how many people got the book and decided to get a kit from E.E. and got screwed and exactly what Curt did to help them. I also know someone that tried to buy a car from his classifieds and got screwed and you never read anything on his site about it and didn't take any responsibility for it. I could go on and on about it but I think everyone understands.
    www.exoticglass1.com

I bought that book many years ago and its full of the "preditors" he rants about. He is no different than anyone he claims to "SIGH" about. Its easy to stand on a soap box and look over the fence and complain about the nieghbor's but has Curt... ever look in his own yard? Seems he has no problems taking that "advertising dollar" that he preaches so negatively about.

I cant wait till he tries Blousant though! LOL
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

lamboluver

Hey shadoe, does it really surprize you that the video was full of cobra's I mean oh my god. Just look at the magazine. Why do they even name it kit car. It should be named kit cobra and other cars no one wants to look at. Now thats an appropriate title for the magazine. And in small print at the bottom of the cover. Maybe once a year we might put a car in worth looking at.

just my .02

Yeah!!! What they said!!!! Kick his a**!!!
    J/k!! ;D

It has been said that he does negative reviews for companies that don't pay him. Not sure but I NEVER got a reply fron ANY of the people on his list that supposedly had Ferrari kits. Not one!!! And don't bother complaining to him...he uses the delete button, unless you are buying (GASP, should I say it??) A Book or A Video!!!!

What say we get together, and make a bok and video, about not liking his books and videos!!!! lmao.

Well, that was my Nickel's worth. Why 3 cents more than everyone else? I live in California, and it's expensive here!!! Lol
    Steve
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Well HELLLO all.... I am new here but in reading in this complaint box I was exploding with laughter.... the reason for that is because This has got to be one of the funniest complaint sections. But I do appreciate what everyone has said, it informs me on alot of things I was thinking. Does anyone know where I can ACTUALLY get a GOOD/GREAT deal on a 355?? Please let me know... and keep the laughter coming. ;D

"...Forgive me for this rant ..... As for Kitcar.com...... Some how I cant get over the fact that Kitcar.com can be a complete hypocrite at times. He has the nerve to post when ever some one has a complaint but on some cases he doesn't says where, whom, or the nature of the complaint. "For years we have been recieving serious complaints about so and so. If you have a complaint email me. But folks Buy my book/video..."
    I'm confused: What video did Curt Scott ever make? I've read all of his guides, but I have never seen a video he's done. I read what y'all are saying here, but it doesn't sound like you're talking about Curt Scott or kitcar.com...it sounds like you're making it all up. Why you'd do that is unclear to me.

Your pal,
    Meat.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh / Somewhere ages and ages hence / Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - / I took the road less travelled by / And that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I would imagine from your post that you haven't been in the kitcar community for long. At this link you can find his book http://www.kitcar.com/cgscbook.html and this same link used to offer a video. If you have been into the kitcars for sometime I would imagine that you haven't been reading the kitcar magazines either because the ad for the book and video was in the magazines also. My post was about the ad for Exotic Enterprises in the book I have which is one of the biggest ripoffs in the industry. Do your homework, look in the older kitcar magazines, if you can't find it email me and I'll give you the issues that they were in.
    www.exoticglass1.com

Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

I see Meat bailed from this site ???From what ive seen on kit car . com he is the MAN!!! Your pal Bob