Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B & B Spyder

B & B Spyder

has anyone ever heard or saw this company before?http://www.b-bspyder.com/
    www.xvelocity.com

Re: B & B Spyder

Bill is legit, except that he is a reseller of the 355 kits.
    The rest I'm not sure on.

They seem professional I've emailed them and got a response from Bill the next day. If he's a reseller for the 355 who makes them and what kind of Quaility are they?
    www.xvelocity.com

They seem to be mirage kits from the description given in the FAQ

Ari you're right alot of the pics I've seen before on other sites. I'll be checking with them as well to see how they are (I'm still looking/Planning).
    http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_.../850and355.gif<br />Family wagon paid for! Now for the mid-life crisis solution.

The group of convertibles picture I have seen on Michigan fiero club web site. He seems reputable, if he is the Bill I am thinking of I would not hesitate buying a kit from him. If so I have seen his kits on ebay. His kits were in a kit car mag about a year to 18 months ago.
    1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. Less than 100 made. My father spent 3 yrs restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion, it is his life.<br />It's his fault he didn't lock the garage<br /><br />BobbyD

NOT a mirage...

Pretty good looking kit though. I still have a problem with the one piece doors, but the rest of the body goes together in the proper panel form. Looks like he does darn good work too!

I wonder how long he will be in business openly proclaiming that he will add all the badging, lights and grills (strictly prohibited by Ferrari) on the kits he sells?

Anyway, not a bad find.

I wonder if he has REAL instructions?

DKOV -

Has anyone actually bought or used one of his kits? I am ready to buy and really want some feedback first. $6000 seems a lot but if the kit is high quality it should cost less over all.

BobbyD
    1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. Less than 100 made. My father spent 3 yrs restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion, it is his life.<br />It's his fault he didn't lock the garage<br /><br />BobbyD

Here are two rules which you must never forget:

A) NEVER pay full cash in advance. The exception to this is if you can pay by credit card, because if they don't deliever, you can just call the credit company. Personally I wouldn't pay more then $100-200 deposit at most, and I would have to be VERY confident in the manufacturer to do so. I don't want to buy a kit from a company which can't afford basic supplies, or has such trouble moving a kit that they're afraid of me backing out of a deal.

B) NEVER buy from a company where you haven't seen a finished product first. This dosen't necessarily mean you have to see a finished car in their garage, but at least, in person, see the fibreglass parts, and examine them. This goes in conjuniction with my first rule - if the company doesn't have a kit on hand, and still wants money, theres a problem.

Fly down and visit the place is my suggestion.

Ari

I would definitely not purchase a kit from Bill. He's not one of the good guys in the industry. He will answer every question you ask him via email within days sometime hours. He actually gave a guy back his money who purchased one of his Fiero convertible kits because the guy didnt realize how much work was involved.

I have been in contact with them since 98 when they were moving the Warlock splashed kits. So they are not new. They have been around for a while supplying kits basically word of mouth. They are well aware of Ferrari's Legal Sharks.

His kit is not a warlock splashed kit or a mirage kit. It was copied from the ground up using the best materials by an ex GM engineer John Watson. The front bumper can actually mount to the real car. I know of at least 4 guys in FL who after one look at his kit sold their Mirage or Warlock kits. The glass is ok right out of the mold but still needs some work

Outside of the attached rocker panels, this kit is WAY better than the Mirage Kit.

BTW. The pictures from Michigan site are using his Convertible kits from back in 96, 97