Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alert- CK3, Calgary, Alberta

Alert- CK3, Calgary, Alberta

I didn't deal with these guys myself, guess I'm lucky. I bought my Koenig kit from a former employee of theirs. So, should I be badmouthing them? ----- When people hear that I am building one of their kits, and I get phone calls from various CK3 US customers that got robbed, yes, I don't mind badmouthing them.
    The man's name in Blaine Kennedy, and you can read all about his court dates in various kitcar sites under consumer alerts.
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Re: Alert- CK3, Calgary, Alberta

I'd second Dale's statement. As I purchased a KR from CK3, I can attest to many non-delivery, charge you 1st, chase them later problems. Their fiberglass is excellent, the guys working the back are good, but Blaine, well, I won't air my dirty laundry here....let's just say, it took 1 1/2 years to give up on his BS. If you decide to purchase from CK3 or any Kitcar Company, pay by Credit Card, that way, you can chargeback when they don't deliver on time!!! I had to ask Mastercard to chargeback twice for non-deliverables. CK3 were in court last year for 2 US customers for about $15US grand and about $40US grand as well as not paying their employees.(as per www.kitcar.com) And still they exist!!!
    Sandy

360wanna_be, any updates yet. My curiousity is running high!!!
    Sandy

so far i am still waiting to hear from Blaine Kennedy. He is trying to get me to commit to buying a Kit. However he was supposed to contact me immediatelty upon completion of his relocation.

He still only communicates through a yahoo email adress. If there is no facility and no place to visit before i even consider a purchase, what would make one think that i would even spend the gas money to see him? I am from calgary as well.

If you haven't read about him... he was charged in court for not even paying 5 of his employees!!! But once I hear from him I'll give you the ongoing addition to his soap opera.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

360_.... if you want a good history on CK3/Blaine, contact RCMP investigator Bob Knight/Calgary 403-301-2741 fax: 403-252-4636. He's been on Blaine's case for something like 4 years. That should fill up your storybook!
    Sandy

You have to wonder what someone could do with his products and better management skills. That Guy could clean house in the market if someone would step up and put a strong reliable reputaion behind the product.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

360wanna_be: very well said! It's just too bad, great product and 'Canadian' EH! No import hassles!
    Sandy

Well I'm another victim of CK3 aka (H1 Trucks Ltd.)!
    I purchased his Stingray kit in July 2002 and after repeated attempts to get it shipped, I finally received about 1/3 of the items listed on an invoice. I was charged $550 USD for shipping and crating and the stuff I got was sent freight collect charging me another $993.00 USD for the crap I picked up from shipping company.

Buyers Beware!

Re:Alert- CK3, Calgary, Alberta

Check out this thread and imbeded link on this site.

What F355 Kit should I buy
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Re:Alert- CK3, Calgary, Alberta

The garage in those photos do look alot like the ck3 garage. I have some pictures of work on a few cars they were building when Mr. Kennedy was trying to scam me...he wanted a $30k deposit on a turnkey but cetain details didn't sound right and I ultimately passed. I still see pics of these car they "supposedly built" and love the way they look.

BTW I was trying to get a turnkey kr convertible with the front end modified to use the 512m hood and headlights. This was to be built with a fiero chassis w/caddy northstar installed supplied by me. It turns out that I made the right decision this time!!!!