Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't buy from Tony Sousa in Missisuaga, Ontario!

Don't buy from Tony Sousa in Missisuaga, Ontario!

I thought I'd open this forum by warning you all of the terrible service and support I recieved from Tony Sousa.
    What attracted me to him first was his cheap prices on Kits, as well as his "honesty" - he didn't ask for *money until he actually delievered the kit. I found him so honest in fact that I decided to by my Fiero donor from him. Boy, did I make a mistake...

First of all, the kit took about triple the amount of time he told me it would be delievered in. So we begin with a delivery which was about one month late. First rule about Tony: He is INCREDIBLY UNRELIABLE. When the Kit arrived I payed him, yet later found out that he had forgot to bring the lights with him that I also was going to pay for. He said he would get someone to drop them off in the next three days. I called him multiple times, he said he would drop them off, I stayed home waiting for him, he never showed up. About a week and a half later he showed up to drop them off (About 8 hours later then he said he would, showed up at my door at 10:30 instead of 3:00). He said at this time it would take another two months for my car to be ready - it took three. In Tony's defense he never asked for money until the product was delievered. He just regularly forgot to bring the whole product.

The fibreglass quality was actually pretty bad - there were no holes in the body for mounting, which made just getting the body onto the car more then a day job. There were also air bubbles throughout the body, which made it sit improperly. On top of this Tony had done a faulty welding job and didn't put the front clip support on right - this resulted in the hood not sitting correctly. There were also cracks and dents through the body, as well as seems still visible (and pertruding) in some parts of the fibreglass.

When the car was completed (one month late) I got a bill for more then I expected - what tony decided to do was buy two junked cars for $300 each (Something which he mentioned to me casually in one of our discussions) and then sell me EACH piece of the car seperatly! In the end it cost me about $3000 for the car. On top of this, he asked me for $300 after the fact which I believed was for the brake parts (I asked what this was for and he said he faxed my dad the list or something. I asked my dad and he said that he was under the impression the new brake lines and rebuit rear calipers were what they money was for, because he told him that it would cost a little over $300 for those parts) which he had ordered for me (Or was supposed to!). Turns out it wasn't, it was for the battery and engine belts in my car (He said the battery was new, just dirty, but when I took it to Canadian tire they said that it had lost most of its charged and they'd have to run a 24 test to make sure it was still okay... so I don't know if it was actually new or not). He never even bothered ordering any of the brake parts, and still hasn't (four months later).

Let me also remind you at this point that Tony doesn't never returned any of my calls, and allows his voice mail to fill up so you can not even leave messaeges. I've gone a period of over a week without being able to contact him.

So where was I? Oh yes, He dropped of the car 30 days late. Before dropping it off he told me didn't bother hooking up the rear brakes, saying that he never got the parts and he would send a mechanic to do it once the parts arrived in. The car also didn't have any interior in it at all when it arrvied except for carpets and seats, he said he would deliever it the next day. The car wouldn't start when he delievered it - the battery cables were corroded away. When it did start, it began idling at 3000 RPM. He said he'd get a mechanic down within a week to fix it. Two months later, still no mechanic (although I've called at least 4 times a week to remind him).
    UPDATE: Still hasn't been fixed, although it has been determined that the problem occured due to a leaky EGR pipe (its obvious that the leak was noticed before at some point because there are weld marks around it)

He never showed up the day after he dropped of the car to deliver the interior parts. Or the following day. or the following day (he said every single day he would, never once did he). About FOURTEEN days later he shows up with three quarters of the *parts. I ask him for the other parts (For example, the body panel that goes around the windshield), he says he'll drop them off the next day. Two months later, he still has never shown up.
    UPDATE:

I offered to drive to his place to pick them up. We made a date, i drove up (40 min drive in traffic), he dosen't have the parts off the car, and says he dosen't have enough time to take em off. Said he'd drop them off the next day.

He didn't show up. or the next day. or the next.

Two weeks later - I call him, threatening with a lawyer - he returns my call for the first time in 120 Days, says he'll be there tomorrow. I call him the next day, he says he'll be there that night. He never shows. Never calls back...

A lot more happened inbetween these events - in my cellphone call record I have at least 60 calls to him, and I can only recount actually speaking to him a handful of times.

I have NEVER IN MY LIFE dealt with a person in business as irresponsible as Tony Sousa. All I can say it Avoid This person at all cost. It IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY YOU SAVE, because in the long run, it actually costs you more. If I were you I would avoid this manufacturer at all costs.

Dale Paynter

Re: Don't buy from Tony Sousa in Missisuaga, Ontar

Thanks for the warning. What is Tony's business name so we can have our eyes open.

He goes under "Souza Designs" or "Souza Dezine" - he tends to work under the table though (ussually all cash) so you might not even ever see a company name...

okedokey! he wont get any of my $$$$
    1BadF40 And now runnin with the Devil

I may be able to help you with tony "cant remember his last lie". I know him very well, if you want help email me and i'll see what i can do for you. great web site by the way

TOM
    HTD ELIMINATOR
    www.hi-techdev.com
    crazygtv8@primus.ca
    htdinc@hotmail.com

Thanks f355, just emailed you...

I believe he also sells on ebay under the nickname "orrdidit"

Oh, and btw he has recently suspended his cell phone and changed his home phone number so I can no longer reach him

I just got an email from him, with his new cell phone number! Maybe I'll get these parts after all...

Good Luck and keep us updated

Ok He told me two days ago I should come to his place today to grab the parts... called him today said he totally forgot about me, and I should get to him tomorrow. I guess that's too be expected though ...

Well, if you guys didn't assume it he didnt show up... its been a about three MORE weeks and still no delievery, I still can't get over the irresponsibility!