Thread: SKE EXOTICS Scams

SKE EXOTICS Scams

Just to give everybody a heads up. He had a mass email he used to send out and somebody the other day replied to it asking if anyone has seen this guy. Fast forward to today and I have several mass email responses from people he scammed.

This was the guy that had told me he would be getting an Lp640 kit about a year ago. He goes by the name Ike Ford

Re: SKE EXOTICS Scams

hmmmmmmm i know that name from somewhere but i cant remember where, is he a member here

I did talk to a guy, I think called Mike from SKE - Or perhaps he is Ike ......

I know Ike Ford and although he didn't scam me in any way, I can tell by his tactics that there might be problems if you were trying to deal with him. Great guy to talk to and in fact I do owe him a favor. My saga started when I was looking for a "heavy" to convince a 2 bit hood in Concord NC that he should return $2500 he scammed me out of. Ike contacted me and wanted to help saying he hated scammers. At that point Ike was my new best friend! Well he did contact the hood, shook him up a bit and handled it all very well. [the hood and I are now in the process of evening things up] I wanted to thank Ike for this and offered some good high test Canadian beer which I would drop off on a trip to Florida in Feb 08. He accepted and said call when I get to his town he would come meet me and show me his shop and cars. I kept in contact and let him know which morning I would be there. On that morning I called, no answer, left a message. He never called back. I called his house, no answer. I sent an e-mail from the hotel lobby, no response. I sat by my cell phone 9 hours thinking about the wasted vacation day. At 6:30 pm after dinner I left for my one month visit to Florida.
    A month later I was heading north again and e-mailed him. Said he had the flue the day I had passed through, but would still love to meet up. Again I told him what morning I would be in his town. When I got there same thing. Phone calls, e-mails no response. This time I could only afford to waste 1/2 a day on him and left at 11 am.
    Since returning home I have tried to call and sent a couple e-mails with no reply.
    What happened to the beer? On every stop of my homeward journey after my final attempt to meet him, somebody got some free beer!
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Quote Originally Posted by Daleford
    I know Ike Ford and although he didn't scam me in any way, I can tell by his tactics that there might be problems if you were trying to deal with him. Great guy to talk to and in fact I do owe him a favor. My saga started when I was looking for a "heavy" to convince a 2 bit hood in Concord NC that he should return $2500 he scammed me out of. Ike contacted me and wanted to help saying he hated scammers. At that point Ike was my new best friend! Well he did contact the hood, shook him up a bit and handled it all very well. [the hood and I are now in the process of evening things up] I wanted to thank Ike for this and offered some good high test Canadian beer which I would drop off on a trip to Florida in Feb 08. He accepted and said call when I get to his town he would come meet me and show me his shop and cars. I kept in contact and let him know which morning I would be there. On that morning I called, no answer, left a message. He never called back. I called his house, no answer. I sent an e-mail from the hotel lobby, no response. I sat by my cell phone 9 hours thinking about the wasted vacation day. At 6:30 pm after dinner I left for my one month visit to Florida.
    A month later I was heading north again and e-mailed him. Said he had the flue the day I had passed through, but would still love to meet up. Again I told him what morning I would be in his town. When I got there same thing. Phone calls, e-mails no response. This time I could only afford to waste 1/2 a day on him and left at 11 am.
    Since returning home I have tried to call and sent a couple e-mails with no reply.
    What happened to the beer? On every stop of my homeward journey after my final attempt to meet him, somebody got some free beer!
    Dale, did you say free beer?

Save some for Daytona 09.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I knew the words "FREE BEER" would get attention. LOL
    Hope all is well with you Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Daleford
    I knew the words "FREE BEER" would get attention. LOL
    Hope all is well with you Dave
    Yes, things are going well with everything except my investments. At least I can work on FunnyWheels to blow off some frustration.

How about you? Will you be showing the 512TR this year?
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Haven't touched it since that little flurry to get the unfinished version to that car show last summer. I'd better get off this subject as I don't mean to hi-jack this thread. Gotta watch out for the Moderator police.

I had a run in with Isaac Ford back in December 08 when he scammed me for $1,000. Paypal tried getting my money back but he took it out of the account so they wouldn't refund the money. I filed a fraud complaint with the credit card company and have my money back now. Cover yourselves on purchases with ebay and paypal; use your credit card and not your bank account. Isaac Ford, AKA: foose fiberglass, Ike, Mike, skexotics JUST KEEP HUNTING HIM DOWN