Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with priciing?

Help with priciing?

Bought this not to long ago, but I am considering selling it as summer begins to get the most value out of it or trading it for a lamborghini kit car. I was wondering if anybody can help me come up with a fair price for it.

-1974 Porsche 911 Chassis
    -1987 911 3.0L Engine and 5spd tranny
    -60k on donor, 25k on motor
    -Interior and body and top is all from a 97 993 Porsche 911 Turbo
    -Everything is power (seats, mirror, windows, etc)
    -Tinted lights (can remove film easily)
    -Looks and drives like a 70k car
    -Everything is done right on the car and there are no problems, I drive it everyday

I am just looking for a number as too how much you guys think its worth so I can start thinking about the next car I want. Thanks for your time!

(PS if the pics dont come up let me know)

Re: Help with priciing?

Oh I forgot to mention I am installing a dual exhaust tommrow afternoon for it also*

I built and sold a car very much like yours, you have to decide what you think it's worth. My car was a 77, cab, 993 styled, 3.0 etc. I ended up getting around 11,500.00 for mine. Hope that helps, I will add though, you can sell for whatever the market will bare, unless you find the right buyer that wants YOUR car for the price you want to sell for.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply I was thinking around the 15k range but 11k doesn't sound to bad.

Ps congrats on the win at Knotts! ;D

Is the body conversion done in steel or fiberglass? How about the Turbo tail? OE or aftermarket? Were the windshield wipers converted too?.........or are they the original '74? (The wiper conversion moves the two arms closer together which involves cutting the cowl area.) How about the windshield? Original or 993 glass?

I have somebody that might be interested, so I would like to find out these details.

Thanks.

Few more questions:

-What year of engine is installed? A 1987 911 engine should be a 3.2 litre, not 3.0 litre. Which one does it have? Does it have carbs or the original fuel injection?
    -Does it have a front oil cooler in the passenger front fender? 1974 did not come with this cooler setup.........but should be installed with the larger and later model engine.
    -Does it have air conditioning? Working?
    -Who did the body conversion? Where did the car come from? What state??
    -The top is an original 993 top? I assume that it's a power top and it works okay??
    -A convertible top boot included?
    -How about windscreen? Is there one included/installed?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I forgot to ask about the interior............

-Has the interior been converted to 993?
    -Does it have the 993 center console?
    -How about the underdash "knee pad"?, steering wheel, seats, rear seats, gauges, door panels? Are they 993?, or original '74, or custom upholstered?
    -Any pics available of the interior?

-Also.............what type of exhaust are you having installed? What brand?

-Any upgrades on the brakes or suspension?

-Is the front hood a 993 hood or original '74? The original '74 hood does not line up exactly with the cowl area if it was used and not modified to be flush.

-The rear latch mounts for the front hood and rear engine lid............are these steel or fiberglass at these areas?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks! Email me a few pics of the interior.

hmdznrcld@comcast.net

Not a big fan of yellow but that is a nice looking car. I bet you could get near 15K for it if it is finished nice. Advertise it on www.thesamba.com and I'm sure you will get some bites. I would say 8-12K for a coupe and 11-15K is fair for a cabriolet depending on all of the little details that you really do not notice in pics but are obvious in person. The engine upgrade should add value.

Thanks for all the responses! Here are the answers to most of the questions

-Is the body conversion done in steel or fiberglass? Not sure but it is sturdy and not a single crack or chip!
    -How about the Turbo tail? Original!
    -Were the windshield wipers converted too? YES! They are off a 97 Porsche 911
    -How about the windshield? Original 993 glass?
    -What year of engine is installed? As far as I know its a 1987 911 3.0L motor, it isn't fuel inj, but starts usually on first turn!
    -Does it have a front oil cooler in the passenger front fender? Not sure what that is sorry!
    -Does it have air conditioning? Yes and it works decently!
    -Who did the body conversion/ Where did the car come from? California and not sure who did the conversion!
    -The top is an original 993 top? I am not sure if its original but it's manual but it fold's up and down with one finger!
    -A convertible top boot included? No sorry
    -How about windscreen? No sorry
    -Has the interior been converted to 993? Yes, replica airbags, dash, gauges, center console, everything is identical to a 993!
    -Does it have the 993 center console? Yes
    -How about the underdash "knee pad"?, steering wheel, seats, rear seats, gauges, door panels? They are all original 97 Porsche 911 993 interior!
    -Also what type of exhaust are you having installed? Twin straight pipes, and muffler will also be included but not installed
    -Any upgrades on the brakes or suspension? Suspension is newer and brakes are off a 993!
    -Is the front hood a 993 hood or original '74? 993 hood
    -The rear latch mounts for the front hood and rear engine lid are these steel or fiberglass at these areas? Steel!