Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me having a bad experience with WCF or is this standard fair?

Is it just me having a bad experience with WCF or is this standard fair?

Man! I'm having the hardest time with WCF.
    I ordered and paid (by credit card) the upgraded 12" Corvette brake hardware for my 84-87 Fiero.
    I just ordered the mounting kit, as I already have my rotors and calipers from an 87 Corvette (NON heavy duty)
    That was on May 5th.
    A few WEEKS later I got the package. Wrong kit. The kit I received was steel brackets and concentric rings for the '88 Fiero. The packing invoice said 84-87 Fiero, but the kit and instructions were for the '88.
    I had to wait till after the weekend to call WCF about this.
    I got a hold of this fellow ( I don't recall his name now, but it's the same guy I spoke with when I ordered the kit) and let him know what happened. Now, I don't know if this fellow was working on deactivating a nuke bomb, in the middle of preforming brain surgery, a burned out post 60's hippie, or just rode the short bus; but, every time I speak with this guy it's like talking with Christopher Walken. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQZ_GKN9Ufw
    It's like he has no clue of what I'm talking about, or what I need (I have tried to be VERY specific even.)
    Now granted, I am new to the GM/Fiero stable as I spent 20+ years in the Ford tent (restored 64-68 Mustangs from the ground up) but speaking with you guys here on the forum, I gathered that you are all as smart, maybe even a little more creative than the guys I'm used to dealing with. When I called about a Mustang part, I got an intelligent, most of the time, service oriented, person on the phone that could understand what I wanted, or knew better than I did what I needed (having tried what I was attempting before) and knew what he had for sale that could help.
    This does not strike me as being the case here. I know that their prices are kinda high, but hey, it's a specialty market and they can get what the market will bear, or they would lower the price. I have no problem with that concept. BUT, I do expect a reasonably high level of service to go along with the exclusive pricing.
    Today, I finally got another box from WCF.
    Wrong again.
    These brackets are in fact aluminum this time, but I only received 2 concentric rings vs. 4, and the bolt holes on the brackets don't line up with my 87 Vette calipers.
    This time there were no instructions to indicate what kit was actually in the box, just parts.
    The only thing I can be sure of is that it's not the 87 Vette 12" upgrade kit for a 84-87 Fiero, and that I can assume I am 2 rings short of full kit (no wise cracks.)
    WCF did send me the 2nd kit without my having to pay additional shipping for their mistake, and sent me a label to send the other kit back via UPS.
    Now I have to call and talk to C. Walken AGAIN and see if he even has the right parts in the first place or is he just having Igor grab something off the shelf in the "brake upgrade" area and send it to me until I quit calling! >
    This guy is either a very busy genius, that is just barely tolerating my interruptions in his planning to take over the world, or a total goof.
    AM I ALONE, OR IS THIS STANDARD FAIR AT WCF?????

Re: Is it just me having a bad experience with WCF or is this standard fair?

I've never done business with them, but I talked to a guy a while back who was doing an engine swap. He'd commissioned them to do his wiring harness, but after 6 months, nothing had been done, and he wound up having them ship it to another company to have it done. I think they refunded his money, just frustrated him by taking up too much of his time.

Try speaking to Chris. Mike is asleep in the brain department or water doesn't make it all the way to the boiler for some reason. I have had nothing but good experiences with them, but insist on speaking to Chris. He's the man...very helpful.
    KCB

I found them to be slow, but they were the only one who had what i need

Wow, would they be the PERFECT example to use in explaining to someone why they should be afraid of socialized health care in the U.S., or what!?!
    When you're the only game in town and can name your own price, you can afford to / not care whether you have terrible customer service. Where else are they gonna go, right?
    I never did get the right kit. So I paid $400. for 4 concentric rings, some bolts, and 4 worthless (for what I need) chunks of billet aluminum with holes in the wrong spot.
    I'll probably end up taking them to a machine shop to use as examples to have the right ones made, since I can't buy them apparently.
    Who knows, maybe I'll get some extras made and sell them for $100 LESS than WCF. ;D

I purchased the C4 12" brake kit for the 88 from WCF. It was slow to get to me, but when it arrived, I was happy that the kit. It was complete and went on very easy. I have not heard about using the Corvette calipers before. Are you going to upgrade the master cylinder also?

the only kit i know of they sell is aftermarket corvette? use the master cylinder from a corvette, there cheap

I just got the 13" brake kit and shocks/coiloversfor the 88 Fiero from them, ordered it last week hopefully should be here soon

for the 13" they said they use viper rotors with fiero calipers, can fiero calipers be changed out for something better?

that kit makes no since?? how do they expect a fieros dingy calipers to handle a 13" rotor
    akahn77 im sure you can easily find a caliper thats a 4 large pistons to fit

http://www.westcoastfiero.com/brakes...installed.html

this is the kit that I got, any suggestion where to get better calipers?

also I got the kyb shocks front/rear with their coilovers. hopefully that should help with the ride.

for the wide track I used their suspension parts before and were not very easy to install so am going with Held as I ended up using Held's Wide track front and the bump steer in the rear.

In case some people don't know Held DOES make a wide track for the 88 as well, even though his site does not list it