Thread: FFR Possible scam on ebay ?

FFR Possible scam on ebay ?

After i sold my last lambo project i bid $14k on a ffr gtm roller on ebay by a seller name factory five racing. Now he has emailed me with a second offer accepting my price since i lost the bid. I told him any deal would be in person. He replied saying i need to do a bank wire transaction and ebay wont release the money until im happy with what i get. so i think this is a scam and im calling ffr tomorrow. BEWARE

Re: FFR Possible scam on ebay ?

thanks for the notify Green !
    i keep an eye on him!

Heres his email, i trust FFR so this has to be stolen identity

Here are a few words on how this transaction is going to be handled.

We will use eBay which will also mediate the financial part of the transaction, until you receive the car.

The payment method is bank to bank wire transfer. The money are going into their secured account and they will hold it there and insure you in the transaction until the car is delivered to you.

There is a inspection period. If you find anything wrong with the car you have the right to send it back to me, on my own expense and get a full refund from them.

Once the transaction is started, eBay will get in touch with you for further details and instructions.

I'm waiting for your confirmation in order to proceed with the transaction.

Sincerely,
    David Smith

Anyone who types like that is probably not from this country...(Red Flag as far as scams on the internet go) also a suspicious guy on the internet using the last name SMITH might also throw up a red flag.

This is a very, very, very common scam on eBay.. Don't fall for it, don't send them any money!

It's not even the original seller sending you messages, and you'll not receive anything. I had a couple of bidders on my auctions at one point fall for it, and then come after me for the money I'd "stolen" from them.. It took quite a while to work out what had happened and point out that I don't own a foreign bank account (where they'd wired the money!)

Also, be aware...usually the scammers ask for the money to be sent by Western Union. The reason is because Western Union doesn't insure it so once its gone it gone.